Will Waddle’s Next Contract Be w/Miami? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Waddle’s Next Contract Be w/Miami?

Waddle Gets New Contract in Miami?

• Yes

Votes: 140 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 35 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If he wants top 5 money, I'd move him, or tag him.
Waddle is not a top 5 guy. He's small and plays small... is ineffective in the red zone.
Like him... don't love him.

But... I think the team may decide they have to sign him for PR reasons.

If Waddle's demands are high WR2 scale... I'd sign him.

I think so. Find Hill's replacement.
Exactly. Now for arguments sake. If over the next 2 drafts, Miami selects WR's who are of similar skills to Waddle and Hill, it might be an indication, Miami is looking to replace one or both by 2026. Not gonna say it'll happen, but if it does.

Okay! BTW a “quick” glance at both their numbers at this point in their careers shows you have no idea what your talking about!”
Landrys first 4 years in Miami he averaged 1009.5 yards with 5.5 TDs. Waddle has averaged
1,128.3 yards and 6 TDs in his first 3 years with a better QB and an extra game. Numbers aren’t that far off

Exactly. Now for arguments sake. If over the next 2 drafts, Miami selects WR's who are of similar skills to Waddle and Hill, it might be an indication, Miami is looking to replace one or both by 2026. Not gonna say it'll happen, but if it does.
That's the only reason I think Worthy could be in play.

I've made this argument before, so bear with me if you've read it previously.

Hill is PROBABLY going to be on the team this year and next year... we are in a Super Bowl window and he might be the main reason... so I REALLY doubt we trade him.

That said, he's 100% gone in 2026. We won't pay him 45m to remain.

NEXT year is the year that our #1 is probably going to be a WR. We'll be drafting near the bottom and will be looking at Ad. Mitchell or Worthy type WRs.

If Waddle doesn't get greedy, he'll stick. If not, we'll turn into the Chiefs and be looking for WRs to go with our highly paid QB.

He'll absolutely remain on the team. His contract will just be structured as to pay him the largest parts of his salary later in the contract when salary cap is higher and Tyreek's contract is gone.

That is, unless he wants to test the market. I don't think that'll be the case but you never know.

If he wants top 5 money, I'd move him, or tag him.
Waddle is not a top 5 guy. He's small and plays small... is ineffective in the red zone.
Like him... don't love him.

But... I think the team may decide they have to sign him for PR reasons.

If Waddle's demands are high WR2 scale... I'd sign him.

lol let’s pretend past seasons didn’t exist.

If you think Jarvis is in the same class of receiver than Waddle is then I’m not sure what to say to you.

Would you like some help with the words to use?

I find the following word suitable for these kinds of situations.
The word to use is "Lemming". - LOL

I think it'll be with Miami and for similar numbers as to what Hill recieved. Hill's contract is up at about the same time Waddle's ends. I think at the very least Waddle gets the tag, but also think he gets a big deal.
Depending on if he can keep playing at a high rate. yes!

Trends are everything!
Both in team improvement/negative improvement or drafting trends with improved team results or poor team results.

Back
Top Bottom