Will Waddle’s Next Contract Be w/Miami? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Waddle’s Next Contract Be w/Miami?

Waddle Gets New Contract in Miami?

• Yes

Votes: 140 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 35 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It'll hurt to have to fill a void.....but Waddle is not worth Jeudy/Ridley money.
Ok, so they traded up to #6 and in his first three years he’s got over 1000 yards each year and he doesn’t get another contract? That’s bad business and it’s a bad look. You can’t expect to draft another like him and you can’t keep giving free agents that money.

On the fence think he’ll be 25+ million a year but the injuries/drops are concerning. I’m not sure he’s an elite #1 wideout. He’s somewhere in the 12-18 area in my opinion.

hard to tell at this point....the fact is that the WR position seems to be loaded on the draft every year now.....the team will have some decisions to make with more than one player......we'll see what happens with the possible comp picks......as of right now we have 11 picks in the 2025 draft....if we still do by the time that draft comes around then we'll know more. Also, seems like several players have taken less money to play for the Dolphins but might be hard to compete with a big offer he might get from another team

The Dolphins need to resign players they drafted and developed. Because of the cap situation they were in after the 2023 season, they ended up losing Wilkins, Hunt, and AVK.

Hopefully their cap situation will be much better in the future so they can resign Waddle, Holland, Phillips and Tua before they lose them in free agency too.
Why do they need to do that? Emotional attachment of fans?

If a player is determined to be not worth the money he is seeking the eyes if management and/or you can bring in a comparable player for less $, how does that make sense in terms of building the best possible roster?

Opinions vary!
He’s a heck of a player. I just doubt we’ll pay him what he can get elsewhere. WR is one of those positions where there is so much young talent in the draft each year that it’s hard to justify :spending so much on one guy unless they are Tyreek, Justin Jefferson types. I think Waddle is the next tier where you can replace him. Love the player don’t get me wrong.

hard to tell at this point....the fact is that the WR position seems to be loaded on the draft every year now.....the team will have some decisions to make with more than one player......we'll see what happens with the possible comp picks......as of right now we have 11 picks in the 2025 draft....if we still do by the time that draft comes around then we'll know more. Also, seems like several players have taken less money to play for the Dolphins but might be hard to compete with a big offer he might get from another team

If the WR position seems to be loaded, doesn't that make it easier to use a later round pick to get a reasonably effective player?

Keep in mind that where a player is selected in the draft doesn't necessarily corelate with their NFL performance.

If our coaching is as good as I think it is, we will be getting the most out of anyone we draft.

There, see how easy that is to make an evaluation? - LOL

If the WR position seems to be loaded, doesn't that make it easier to use a later round pick to get a reasonably effective player?

Keep in mind that where a player is selected in the draft doesn't necessarily corelate with their NFL performance.

If our coaching is as good as I think it is, we will be getting the most out of anyone we draft.

A good example is the guy on Detroit St Brown. He was a late pick I think - or perhaps undrafted?

well, as long as we keep our picks instead of trading them away for expensive players then yes, we can build thru the draft.

Dolphins either going pay or they will lose waddle. There is no discount in nfl. If u paying avg qb 30 to 40 million.

You always make a lot of sense.

With the recent signing of Driscoll, though, I think it potentially opens the door for an early wide receiver pick in this draft.

Admittedly, I haven't looked ahead to the 2025 NFL draft. But it's loaded at wide receiver this year. Why not take advantage there?

Just a thought.
I answered this one previously... but here's my thinking.
With Waddle and Hill both locked up for two more years, it really is one year too soon to draft a WR... he wouldn't get enough snaps, and he would spend two years as an afterthought.
I think this this is exactly why we are looking for a one year guy like Odell... just as a bridge to the guy we draft next year... it's an idea of sequencing your top guys in top positions.

Now... if one of these two are on the trade shelf... then sure.

Either way, these jag linemen that we are bringing in... no, just no. You don't win with jag linemen.

Landrys first 4 years in Miami he averaged 1009.5 yards with 5.5 TDs. Waddle has averaged
1,128.3 yards and 6 TDs in his first 3 years with a better QB and an extra game. Numbers aren’t that far off

Waddle
Receiving
SEASONTEAM
MIA
MIA
MIA
MIA
MIA
MIA
Career

GPRECTGTSYDSAVGTDLNGFDFUMLST

Since the rule change back in 2004, after 47 games played between all WRs drafted in that span, Waddle is...

10th in receptions, 13th in yards and 18th in yards per target(>150 targets). Out of 321 WRs who got to play in at least 47 games in the last 20 years.

If you don't re-sign Waddle... You have to re-evaluate your criteria...

Since 2004? Wow! Where does Landry rank out of curiosity? Asking for a fellow member.

Last edited:
Waddle
Receiving
SEASONTEAM
MIA
MIA
MIA
MIA
MIA
MIA
Career

GPRECTGTSYDSAVGTDLNGFDFUMLST

Since 2004? Wow! Where does Landry rank by curiosity? Asking for a fellow member.
He ranked fairly well in receptions, but he wasn't a threat downfield at all so he ended up with a very pedestrian yards per target... So mediocre overall with numbers in line with a possession WR.

Back
Top Bottom