Will Waddle’s Next Contract Be w/Miami? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Waddle’s Next Contract Be w/Miami?

Waddle Gets New Contract in Miami?

• Yes

Votes: 140 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 35 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Waddle has played full time, he gets tons of targets...

But he averages 6 TDs per year.

He isn't a number 1 receiver. He's good. No, he's VERY good, but he's a WR who only works at an elite level when the field is wide... and open.

I want to keep him, but not if we have to pay him as if he is an elite number one... sadly, the same reason we let CW walk.

Guess it depends on how good Waddle is this season and whether we believe he can be a true #1 WR.

I know his hands can be suspect sometimes, but with the trade up to get him Grier can’t allow him to hit FA. Comp picks be damned.
He will get the contract. It’s Hill that will be gone after the next two seasons. Waddle was looking like a top 10 wr two years ago.

He will be too expensive.

Waddle isn't a #1 WR. Sorry to break this to some of you but Waddle is a very good #2.

I'm sure a team will think Waddle is a #1 and pay him accordingly. They will regret it in the long run.

Waddle won't sign a 2nd contract with Miami is my guess. Alot like Wilkins, he will "get the bag" somewhere else.

Waddle isn't a #1 WR. Sorry to break this to some of you but Waddle is a very good #2.

I'm sure a team will think Waddle is a #1 and pay him accordingly. They will regret it in the long run.

Waddle won't sign a 2nd contract with Miami is my guess. Alot like Wilkins, he will "get the bag" somewhere else.

Yeah, it's really tough with the way these contracts are blowing up.

I would Hate to see him.go, but Miami needs to extend him now before guys like Jefferson sign for 30+.

If Waddle is expecting 25+, quite honestly I'm calling Giants to see if they are up for that ridiculous hypothetical trade for#6 lol

Draft Alt, draft Thomas. Call it a day. I mean, it's that easy right? *clicks force trade* lol

I agree with you but a very good #2 is a #1 on like 20 teams. I think we resign him because we know Hill will be gone sooner than later.

Keep in mind that where a player is selected in the draft doesn't necessarily corelate with their NFL performance.
Not necessarily in the case of one individual player but overall there is historical, statistical data that shows a definite correlation.

It is often suggested that sometimes higher round picks get more opportunity, which is true to some extent, but the percentages of players who end up being good NFL players by round selection has been posted many times and it drops like a rock in successive rounds.

Of course he has. Sure, he was a little banged up during 2023. He was fantastic in 2022. And had 104 catches as a rookie.
not sure its that simple in his case with his skillset..

Has he been given the chance to? By that last year it seems like we were forcing plays to Hill. :ffic:

i guess we first would have to define what a true #1 receiver is.?

dont think you can say just because he had over 100 catches and a little over 1000 yards as a rookie that he is.

not saying he cant be maybe just in a unconventional way he can be.?

not sure its that simple in his case with his skillset..
I think he’s shown a pretty varied skill set. As a rookie, he played a bit more in the short zone, barely averaged 10 yards per catch. In 2022, he averaged 18 yards per catch and operated more in the deep middle. Is he a tackle-breaker? No. Is his forte contested catches? No. Is he a no. 1 who gets open and produces what the team needs? Yes.

Back
Top Bottom