Will Waddle’s Next Contract Be w/Miami? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Waddle’s Next Contract Be w/Miami?

Waddle Gets New Contract in Miami?

• Yes

Votes: 140 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 35 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've made this argument before, so bear with me if you've read it previously.

Hill is PROBABLY going to be on the team this year and next year... we are in a Super Bowl window and he might be the main reason... so I REALLY doubt we trade him.

That said, he's 100% gone in 2026. We won't pay him 45m to remain.

NEXT year is the year that our #1 is probably going to be a WR. We'll be drafting near the bottom and will be looking at Ad. Mitchell or Worthy type WRs.

If Waddle doesn't get greedy, he'll stick. If not, we'll turn into the Chiefs and be looking for WRs to go with our highly paid QB.
You always make a lot of sense.

With the recent signing of Driscoll, though, I think it potentially opens the door for an early wide receiver pick in this draft.

Admittedly, I haven't looked ahead to the 2025 NFL draft. But it's loaded at wide receiver this year. Why not take advantage there?

Just a thought.

Since the rule change back in 2004, after 47 games played between all WRs drafted in that span, Waddle is...

10th in receptions, 13th in yards and 18th in yards per target(>150 targets). Out of 321 WRs who got to play in at least 47 games in the last 20 years.

If you don't re-sign Waddle... You have to re-evaluate your criteria...

Ok sure but looks at the stats. They are identical in average yards and TDs per year while landrey had more receptions and at the end of the day production is all that matters. Plus most can agree that Waddle is playing with the better QB.
This is not correct over the first three seasons of each career.

You always make a lot of sense.

With the recent signing of Driscoll, though, I think it potentially opens the door for an early wide receiver pick in this draft.

Admittedly, I haven't looked ahead to the 2025 NFL draft. But it's loaded at wide receiver this year. Why not take advantage there?

Just a thought.
I’ve had my eye on Xavier Leggete. 6’3 from South Carolina. I don’t think a lot of people realize what a need receiver is. Late in the season, Tua had nowhere to go with the ball when Waddle was hurt and Tyreke banged up. We had guys who didn’t separate.

We might have Hill's replacement already on the roster, Achane... Waddle should re-sign if he doesn't price himself out of Miami. We have a lot of dinero tied up at WR now.

I’ve had my eye on Xavier Leggete. 6’3 from South Carolina. I don’t think a lot of people realize what a need receiver is. Late in the season, Tua had nowhere to go with the ball when Waddle was hurt and Tyreke banged up. We had guys who didn’t separate.
Definitely like Leggette. He could possibly be there around pick 55.

Yes and if it’s not you trade him on draft day. Simple as that, you’re either all in on bringing him back or moving on right now cause his value won’t get any higher.

The Dolphins need to resign players they drafted and developed. Because of the cap situation they were in after the 2023 season, they ended up losing Wilkins, Hunt, and AVK.

Hopefully their cap situation will be much better in the future so they can resign Waddle, Holland, Phillips and Tua before they lose them in free agency too.

Landrys first 4 years in Miami he averaged 1009.5 yards with 5.5 TDs. Waddle has averaged
1,128.3 yards and 6 TDs in his first 3 years with a better QB and an extra game. Numbers aren’t that far off
Waddle also has someone else getting more targets then he get`s , I think Landry was Ryans main target . Waddles Targets increase his stats most likely increase to .

Last edited:
Just had a dream that Waddle was traded to Carolina for their 2.1 and Xavier Worthy was drafted. 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom