Will Waddle’s Next Contract Be w/Miami? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Waddle’s Next Contract Be w/Miami?

Waddle Gets New Contract in Miami?

• Yes

Votes: 140 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 35 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since the rule change back in 2004, after 47 games played between all WRs drafted in that span, Waddle is...

10th in receptions, 13th in yards and 18th in yards per target(>150 targets). Out of 321 WRs who got to play in at least 47 games in the last 20 years.

If you don't re-sign Waddle... You have to re-evaluate your criteria...

Be careful of stats to justify salary criteria…

Last edited:
Miami's offense turned the corner when they lined up two quality WR's.

In a pass heavy league, star WR's are gold...Can't have enough.

If he wants top 5 money, I'd move him, or tag him.
Waddle is not a top 5 guy. He's small and plays small... is ineffective in the red zone.
Like him... don't love him.

But... I think the team may decide they have to sign him for PR reasons.

If Waddle's demands are high WR2 scale... I'd sign him.
I recall several red zone touchdowns including last years game winner against Baltimore. He’s a WR1 without Hill here and I hope he stays in Miami.

He will be too expensive.

Waddle isn't a #1 WR. Sorry to break this to some of you but Waddle is a very good #2.

I'm sure a team will think Waddle is a #1 and pay him accordingly. They will regret it in the long run.

Waddle won't sign a 2nd contract with Miami is my guess. Alot like Wilkins, he will "get the bag" somewhere else.

Disagree with you here.

Waddle isn’t the worst borderline #1 that you can pay as a number 1.

You might want to see what guys like Ridley and Jody and a few others are getting and he’s better than them.

Ok, so they traded up to #6 and in his first three years he’s got over 1000 yards each year and he doesn’t get another contract? That’s bad business and it’s a bad look. You can’t expect to draft another like him and you can’t keep giving free agents that money.
Exactly....has nothing to do with him or production. It's simply money and cap, if we can't be giving this money to FA then we can't be giving it to ours too.

Waddle drops too many and gets dinged too much to be given that amount of cash. Nothing against Waddle and it doesn't mean I do not like him or that I want him to leave.

I recall several red zone touchdowns including last years game winner against Baltimore. He’s a WR1 without Hill here and I hope he stays in Miami.
Every WR gets a few... he averages 6 per year.

That just isn't a WR1.

He's a gifted WR2.

Does Waddle want to stay in Miami? They need to get him more involved in the offense next year. He was underutilized and he underperformed. This year will tell the tale. I would love if he stayed, he can be Tyreek post 2026.

I did Landrys 4 year stint here and waddles 3. When you average it out the production wasn’t very different. Waddle has Landry by like 8yards per game on average and the TDs are 5.5 for Landry and 6 for waddle
You are leaving out a key number, how many targets did each get? Landry got 23 more targets per season. Waddle can produce everything Landry can do and then some. Landry was a small volume possession WR which Waddle can also do (see rookie year). What Landry can absolutely not do though is lead the NFL in yards per catch, waddle did just that in year 2 at 18.1 ypc. Waddle forces the other team to respect getting beat deep which opens up other thing. Not only that when targeted Waddle produces first downs 46% of the time vs Landry at 39%. You can't just look at volume numbers alone. Waddle is much more efficient and explosive then Landy.

Back
Top Bottom