Will Waddle’s Next Contract Be w/Miami? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Waddle’s Next Contract Be w/Miami?

Waddle Gets New Contract in Miami?

• Yes

Votes: 140 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 35 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think you resign if he continues to grow and demonstrates the ability to beat press coverage. I think his TD numbers are leached by some of our play selection in the redzone. I would resign him.

I don't see why not.
New contract = low cap hits for the first 2-3 deals, even if dealing with any bloated cap hits with Hill.

He's a great receiver who has had to play 2nd fiddle to Hill.

I've made this argument before, so bear with me if you've read it previously.

Hill is PROBABLY going to be on the team this year and next year... we are in a Super Bowl window and he might be the main reason... so I REALLY doubt we trade him.

That said, he's 100% gone in 2026. We won't pay him 45m to remain.

NEXT year is the year that our #1 is probably going to be a WR. We'll be drafting near the bottom and will be looking at Ad. Mitchell or Worthy type WRs.

If Waddle doesn't get greedy, he'll stick. If not, we'll turn into the Chiefs and be looking for WRs to go with our highly paid QB.
When you say greedy what does that mean? Take below market rate?

When you say greedy what does that mean? Take below market rate?
I wouldn't think ill of him if he sought market rate, but if he tries to set the market, then I'd let him walk.
Most of these guys who try to set the market are using the effort as a way to show off... it's an ego play... greedy.
I wouldn't sign any player who sought to set the market... they are putting themselves on a pedestal and these guys are shitty teammates.

I would try to extend Waddle now at a silimar or marginally-higher per year rate to what CRidley just got from TN, with the bulk of the cap growth coming after 2025. If he demands more or insists on getting to FA and another team was willing to offer 90% of the draft capital we paid for T Hill then that would probably be the move for me, keeping with the principal of trading too soon rather than too late.

If I'm Waddle, I know last year was not my best year and I want this year to be a prove it year where he can put up some big numbers. I would not be surprised if he told his agent a number and anything less than that, they can wait until next off season.

If they do pay him, I think Holland is gone.
Most likely, if there is one issue we have it's not signing our playmakers (whoever they determine that is) in a timely fashion. Almost any player that's v good will want top 3 money so getting a long-term contract done early becomes so important. This year will be telling for Holland, he looked to be a superstar early but regressed since, we'll see

After seeing with DeVonta Smith got, I think Waddle is gone. No way Miami pays him $25-$30m a year nor do I think he's worth that.
Those are not real numbers Check the actual contract terms, guarantees, yearly cap number, etc. One cannot make sound rational judgements based on the advertised numbers.

Back
Top Bottom