Jalen Hurd
David Montgomery
Chase Winovich
Tyree Jackson
Bryce Love
Ryan Finley
Will Grier

All the notable names we passed on for Josh Rosen

Do any of you think it was worth passing on these names listed above?

I seriously think we should have traded a third round pick for him like you all think we should have but I won't complain, however I do think that DK Metcalf, Jaylen Furguson and Tyree Jackson will make us regret this along with a few more players listed.

I would have kept the 2nd round pick and waited until the cardinals had no choice but to wait for next years 4th rounder, but like I said I won't complain
If it works out, it was a great move. But if it doesn't work out, everyone will call it a bad move.

Personally, I had specific goals in mind for this draft, and think the front office did as well. We needed 2 OL and 2 DL minimum. If we had kept the #60 pick IMHO, we would have drafted either Zach Allen DE/DL who fits our scheme well, or Chase Winovich OLB/DE, who is the last high end edge rusher and a superior version of what Andrew Van Ginkle offers. IMHO, in the draft slot of Andrew Van Ginkle there were many good OL and CB prospects available, and if we went Edge at #60, we probably would have gone with OL or CB here. That would have given us what we needed along both lines … or as close as could be expected in one draft.

Instead, we let the last two good Edge rusher slip by and selected from a tier below (Van Ginkle). While we got an edge guy … he wasn't close to the level of the other two. We also delayed our OL choice and settled on Prince, who is more of a project than a producer. I think we ended up with 2 starters from this draft, which is less than I had hoped to get. I see Wilkins and Deiter as those starters. Rosen will get his chance this year to prove he should be the 3rd, but if he doesn't impress, we may move on from him next year. I don't see Van Ginkle or Prince starting. Cox is a situational player and Gaskins is competing for a roster spot, not a starting spot.

But hey, many people think its worth it to take that shot at a QB, and that's what we did. We stockpiled draft picks for next year, so hopefully we can fill the Edge and OL holes with those extra picks next year.

Dk Metcalf
Jaylen Furguson
Zach Allen
Jalen Hurd
David Montgomery
Chase Winovich
Tyree Jackson
Bryce Love
Ryan Finley
Will Grier

All the notable names we passed on for Josh Rosen

Do any of you think it was worth passing on these names listed above?

I seriously think we should have traded a third round pick for him like you all think we should have but I won't complain, however I do think that DK Metcalf, Jaylen Furguson and Tyree Jackson will make us regret this along with a few more players listed.

I would have kept the 2nd round pick and waited until the cardinals had no choice but to wait for next years 4th rounder, but like I said I won't complain
Do you think any one of those names can be as pivotal as a franchise QB? I don’t. A franchise QB can change the direction of your franchise, a good player at one position can make you slightly more competitive. If Rosen is a Franchise QB it’s a game changer if he’s not and you take one of those guys, you may be slightly better. It’s worth a shot, what’s been needed for years and we finally made a move. I’m glad we did it!

Back
Top Bottom