Will X get double digit picks this year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will X get double digit picks this year?

I don't think he will get double digit INT's.

We will hopefully have a better pass rush so I'd like to see a few more sacks and I think our coverage will force teams to run a bit more to see if we can actually stop the run. With those two factors I don't think X will have the same opportunities as he did last year.

If he duplicates last year or comes even close in any way then he should be the defensive player of the year. Double digit INTs hadn’t happened by a single player before X did it last year since Charles Tillman in 2007. That is an extremely high level feat to duplicate.

My guess is X doesn’t get anywhere close to that this year. Like my guy says above hopefully the pass rush is better. That would be a determining factor but also I just think teams will be more conscious of where X is and who he’s covering. More QBs will try to stay away from him especially the younger guys. So I think X obviously has proven he can do it but QBs have to give him the opportunity to do so and I don’t think that will be the case this year.

I think QB’s will throw away from Howard. Jones is not a big interception threat on the other side of Howard and Holland if he is a starting safety will likely have more interceptions than Howard.

I think Howard will end up with 5-7 INTs and Holland will have 8 ints.

I think QB’s will throw away from Howard. Jones is not a big interception threat on the other side of Howard and Holland if he is a starting safety will likely have more interceptions than Howard.

I think Howard will end up with 5-7 INTs and Holland will have 8 ints.
I’m thinking the same with Howard 5-7 guaranteed his ball skills are elite always have been just health is his only concern

Back to back seasons w double digit picks in this era? You do that post 2007 rule changes and you should be in the HOF immediately.

People who downplayed what X did last year, or who downplay how many picks he’s had since 2017 - or picks per game played - don’t understand how special he is. It’s hard to pick off passes today. Like, really hard.

The big rule changes that happened that directly led guys like Brees and Brady - who never through for 30 TDs or 4000 yards previously - to go over 5000 and 50+ TDs kinda make intercepting in large doses such an anomaly.

X is special. He’s been doing it since 2017 - most picks in football since and counting. Already a top 3 CB in find history w only Dick Anderson and Patrick Surtain being in the conversation for “best”.

Deion Sanders, Darrelle Revis, Richard Sherman, Charles Woodson, Darrell Green, Rod Woodson, Eric Allen, and many, many more of the all-time greats never had even a single season with double-digit INTs. Most guys at the top of the career INT list had only a single season with double-digit INTs. Some had 2, but I didn't see any with consecutive seasons. Has anyone done it?

I know seasons are only getting longer, but I still would have expected more double-digit seasons than I saw.

Last edited:
As long as his knee holds up I wouldn’t put money on him not doing it.

Deion Sanders, Darrelle Revis, Richard Sherman, Charles Woodson, Darrell Green, Rod Woodson, Eric Allen, and many, many more of the all-time greats never had even a single season with double-digit INTs. Most guys at the top of the career INT list had only a single season with double-digit INTs. Some had 2, but I didn't see any with consecutive seasons. Has anyone done it?

I know seasons are only getting longer, but I still would have expected more double-digit seasons than I saw.
I thought Revis had 10 one year? Lester Hayes had 13 one year I think? Mike Reinfeldt of Houston had 12. I don’t know what we’ll see double digits again for some time. Completion % is close to 70 now vs closer to 50% when guys like Paul Krause were picking off 82 passes for a career.

I thought Revis had 10 one year? Lester Hayes had 13 one year I think? Mike Reinfeldt of Houston had 12. I don’t know what we’ll see double digits again for some time. Completion % is close to 70 now vs closer to 50% when guys like Paul Krause were picking off 82 passes for a career.
Most INT's Darrelle Revis had in a season is 6 in 2009.

Lester Hayes had 13 INT's in 1980 and 7 the season before.

Mike Reinfeldt did have 12 in 1979.

Can X have 10 in a season again, or more? Sure...but he probably has to play all 17 games...Wouldn't count on it.

Most INT's Darrelle Revis had in a season is 6 in 2009.

Lester Hayes had 13 INT's in 1980 and 7 the season before.

Mike Reinfeldt did have 12 in 1979.

Can X have 10 in a season again, or more? Sure...but he probably has to play all 17 games...Wouldn't count on it.
Wow good stuff. 79’ and 80’ had some big time numbers for INT leaders. Double digits today? Way harder. I’ll be thrilled if X comes up w 5-7 this year.

Back
Top Bottom