Will X get double digit picks this year? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will X get double digit picks this year?

Doubtful.

High turnover seasons rarely happen back to back, if for no other reason, QBs will be more aware of the problem.

If we get 6 from X, I'd be pretty happy.
This is most likely to be what happens from a historical standpoint. And 6 would still be awesome. 6 led the NFL in 2019 (Gilmore Girls).

Keep in mind Jevon Holland is a ball hawk too.

Here’s hoping Jalaen Phillips hits the ground running right out of the gate.

Chrisitian Wilkins and Raekwon Davis step up now.

This defense is jaw dropping athletic.

Don Doll had back-to-back 10+ INT season in 1949 and 1950. off topic, he had a third 10+ INT season later as well. the only player to achieve that.

Tom Keane had back-to-back 10+ INT season in 1952 and 1953

that's it. that's the list. it's only been done twice and not in 58 years.
Both of them became assistant coaches for the Dolphins. Doll fell out of favor during the shockingly awful 1976 season and became a source of fan animosity on the sports talk shows. Everyone knew he would be gone after that season.

Tom Keane, on the other hand, was one of the great assistants in franchise history, coaching defensive backs during the glory years. He lived two blocks from me at the time. I knew one of his sons very well.

Two years ago when I visited the West Virginia campus I walked around the football stadium and saw a plaque honoring Tom Keane:

No. X will not have double-digit takeaways again this year.

DC's will have analyzed the film and found ways to avoid him this year. Expect them to feast on targeting Bernardrick McKinney in the passing game and running outside option plays. Both of these options allow them to complete short passes while avoiding both Jones (lock-down CB) and X (ballhawking CB). Obviously, they'll target the rookie (Holland) a lot until he proves himself. I think the determining factor for this unit will be health. We had an unprecedentedly healthy season form our DB's last year, and X doesn't have the best health history ... so expect disruptions to our best lineup.

But all in all, it's incredible that he got one season of double-digit takeaways. Even if he feasts again this season, too much needs to go right for him to duplicate that. Odds are stacked against him ... but here is us rooting for him to beat the odds!

Fins Up!

I think he will be around 14 picks if he can stay healthy. We have alot of young qbs in our division . I see him feasting .
Hope so, it would be outstanding if he did. I’m not a stats man but how many corners have managed 2 or more seasons in a row with double digit intcpns. Can’t be many

Who is going to have the stones to throw this guys direction this year? If he gets 7 with the limited throws that'll likely happen, that would be epic.

My curiosity got the better of me. It appears (unless I’m mistaken) no one has ever managed it. NTLane did do it with one year gap between 1951 and 1953 I think but not 2 years in a row.

it would be a phenomenal achievement but as the previous post to this says, who is going to want to throw the ball at a guy who has led the interceptions in a season twice in his career snd hit double digits last season.

that’s why I reckon Byron is going to be the standout this season coming. QBs will throw in his direction more this season because of X’s numbers snd Jonesie will hit high intcpn numbers this year in my humble opinion. We are truly blessed on the CB position.

In each of Howard's last 2 healthy seasons he's been good for over a pick a game.

Is back to back double digits possible in a 17 game season? And can X stay healthy for 17 games? If he does, it's not impossible I guess. Still damn sure wouldn't bet on it.

Byron would have to get back to being closer to the guy that gave up 6.8 yp/t with a 86 QB rating over his previous 2 seasons (as opposed to 10.6 and 108 last yr).

If not, you'd think teams would have to start avoiding X more. They threw at him over 100 times last season.

Or we can hope teams keep disrespecting X as much as the media does.
Spot on about the media, no one seems to really want to call him what he is, top 2 CB in the entire NFL and could put an argument that currently he is the best.

Back
Top Bottom