With Bengals win today, the Dolphins move into 2nd worst franchise in the NFL, after the Detroit Lions. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Bengals win today, the Dolphins move into 2nd worst franchise in the NFL, after the Detroit Lions.

I think one of the main reasons we have not made it back comes down to Ross. At some point he should of stripped the team down to the bare bones and done a complete rebuild from the top down. Even then there is no guarantee as this owner would have to hire the best available people and he has shown little ability to do this. I actually thought we were on a pretty good path with Flores but now that he is gone and Ross insists on retaining Grier my hope is that the new head coach will be one of the young OC guns which will breathe new life into the building. Hope he doesn't pick a retread and continue the rinse and repeat that we are so accustomed to.

Don’t you have to make the playoffs in order to try and win one? This miserable team can’t even make the playoffs let alone win a game in the playoffs. This team is so far away and people on here think little Tua is gonna get this team there. You lost any chance of that when this dumb ass team fired Flores and kept Grier and hula skirt boy.

To think before Marino retired, the Miami Dolphins had the best winning percentage in all of professional sports...

To think before Marino retired, the Miami Dolphins had the best winning percentage in all of professional sports...

Our drafting has been terrible since the 1980s. We missed so many picks.... we pissed away Marino's career. We all know Tom is not the GOAT. Dan Marino is the GOAT, but we failed him.

There are 47 year old men walking the earth, who were not even born the last time the Dolphins won a SB.
There are 20 year old college students walking university campuses, right now, that were not even alive the last time the Dolphins won even a single playoff game.

The most annoying thing about our fans is the really old fans who bring up those early 70s sb's, like if it means anything to anyone but them.

I was born in the decade of the 80s. 17-0 means nothing to me. I didn't experience it, so how can I care.

There are 2 generations of Dolphins fans who have never seen the Dolphins win. We want to see the Dolphins win for ourselves.
That's a pitiful attitude...part of being a true fan is to appreciate and embrace the history and successes of the franchise. Your attitude is one of self-satisfaction and instant gratification. Every Fin Fan is frustrated but "17-0 means nothing to me" is pathetic.

I think one of the main reasons we have not made it back comes down to Ross. At some point he should of stripped the team down to the bare bones and done a complete rebuild from the top down. Even then there is no guarantee as this owner would have to hire the best available people and he has shown little ability to do this. I actually thought we were on a pretty good path with Flores but now that he is gone and Ross insists on retaining Grier my hope is that the new head coach will be one of the young OC guns which will breathe new life into the building. Hope he doesn't pick a retread and continue the rinse and repeat that we are so accustomed to.
And you look yet again, Miami is one of the only job openings right now that have a GM in place but a vacancy at HC.

And you look yet again, Miami is one of the only job openings right now that have a GM in place but a vacancy at HC.
Yeah. A lot of the great coaches wanted full power.

When Jimmy Johnson came to Miami, Huizenga gave him full control over the franchise.

Bill Parcels asked for the same thing.

Bill Belicheck has that with the Pats.

etc

Back
Top Bottom