With Bengals win today, the Dolphins move into 2nd worst franchise in the NFL, after the Detroit Lions. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Bengals win today, the Dolphins move into 2nd worst franchise in the NFL, after the Detroit Lions.

I remember the last Miami Dolphin playoff win as if it were yesterday. My wife was 7 months pregnant with my oldest son. As he grew up, he became a Dolphin fan just like his dad and I’d always tease him and call him bad luck, considering that ever since he was born, the Dolphins hadn’t won a playoff game.

In 2018, he passed away unexpectedly. He literally lived his entire life without seeing his favorite team win a single playoff game. Someday, the Dolphins are gonna win another damn playoff game, and when they do, it will be a very emotional day for me- for reasons that are far beyond the game of football.

The Bengals snapped their drought with their playoff win vs the Raiders.

This places the Miami Dolphins as the 2nd worst franchise in the NFL. It has been 21 years since a playoff win, since Dave Wannstache and the 2000-2001 Miami Dolphins defeated the Colts in a playoff game.

Detroit is the worst, with their last playoff win in 1992.
Was unaware that's the only criteria

I remember the last Miami Dolphin playoff win as if it were yesterday. My wife was 7 months pregnant with my oldest son. As he grew up, he became a Dolphin fan just like his dad and I’d always tease him and call him bad luck, considering that ever since he was born, the Dolphins hadn’t won a playoff game.

In 2018, he passed away unexpectedly. He literally lived his entire life without seeing his favorite team win a single playoff game. Someday, the Dolphins are gonna win another damn playoff game, and when they do, it will be a very emotional day for me- for reasons that are far beyond the game of football.

So sorry for your loss. I was there at the stadium watching Lamar Smith come right at me and the Colts.

Surreal experience.

I’m really sorry for your loss, I can’t imagine what you and your family went through. Many blessings to you and your family and hope the dolphins win a playoff game next season for your son in heaven.

There are 47 year old men walking the earth, who were not even born the last time the Dolphins won a SB.
There are 20 year old college students walking university campuses, right now, that were not even alive the last time the Dolphins won even a single playoff game.

The most annoying thing about our fans is the really old fans who bring up those early 70s sb's, like if it means anything to anyone but them.

I was born in the decade of the 80s. 17-0 means nothing to me. I didn't experience it, so how can I care.

There are 2 generations of Dolphins fans who have never seen the Dolphins win. We want to see the Dolphins win for ourselves.
Be careful what you ask for. Is there a time limit to this stuff? Let's say the Dolphins win a Super Bowl next season and then not again for the rest of your lifetime. Are you prohibited from talking about it in 2060, when you'll be one of those really old fans?

I’m really Iver any historic references as it relates to the franchise, bad or good..

we have sucked for a long long time and me personally have never seen us raise the trophy, so for me I’ll I care about is the future, it has become a quest, an unhealthy obsession, but it is mine and I love this friggin team So I’ll continue to be hopeful and allow the next man in charge the same chances I allowed the others, which is you have a job until I see your fatal flaws.

The most annoying thing about our fans is the really old fans who bring up those early 70s sb's, like if it means anything to anyone but them.

I was born in the decade of the 80s. 17-0 means nothing to me. I didn't experience it, so how can I care.

Maybe you can't but lots of us can having lived through it

There are 47 year old men walking the earth, who were not even born the last time the Dolphins won a SB.
There are 20 year old college students walking university campuses, right now, that were not even alive the last time the Dolphins won even a single playoff game.

There are 2 generations of Dolphins fans who have never seen the Dolphins win. We want to see the Dolphins win for ourselves.
I was also born in the 80s but I have always respected and thought the 72 Fins are the greatest NFL team ever and always dream of our beloved Fins being that dominant in today's NFL. Shula's Miami Dolphins teams of the 70s shows that it is possible for us to be top notch Super Bowl contenders.
I grew up watching Marino slinging it and carrying us for the majority of his career. We really took Marino for granted and we're still looking for his replacement in the year 2022. smh

Please sell the team Stephen Ross. You are a terrible owner and have ruined a once proud/respected NFL franchise.

Dwelling on the past is the road to misery. Learn to look forward and believe that tomorrow will be better. We will escape this loop, I know we will. We are so close.

Sorry for your son. That is devastating. My condolences 🙏 ☹️

The last time the Dolphins won a playoff game my cellphone was tiny and I had to pay for each text even though it took 5 minutes to text two sentences.

Back
Top Bottom