With Pick #164 Fins Select Guard Isaac Asiata with | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Pick #164 Fins Select Guard Isaac Asiata with

hopefully comments like this go away......

Its laughable that our FO think they know how to draft a guard, but its still interesting and valuable to hear the thought process behind this never ending series of calamitous picks

Actually only moved down 10 picks.
Gave up last pick in 5th and get 10th pick in the 6th to move up 2 slots.
Great move to get the guard we have been looking for

I'm a lifelong Ute fan and season ticket holder. Let me just say right now, Asiata will be an instant fan favorite, an immediate starter, and finally a long term answer at 1 of the Guard spots. This guy is simply top shelf on and off the field. This pick is an absolute home run and I couldn't be happier!

Day 1 starter for moving down 10 spots in the 5th. Come on people

Other than his age, I like the pick. His skill set fits.

With that said having a 24 year old rookie (tankersley) and a 25 year old one (Asiata) is not ideal.

Ouch! We gave up our 3rd 5th rounder, last pick in the 5th, I don't see any other late rounders back as of now. Well I love the piayer, never imagined getting him in the 5th.

Actually I'm hearing they got our last 5th and we got their 6th. so we moved up 2 spots here to move down 10 later.

images

As long as we get 7-8 years of solid Guard play out of Asiata, I can forgive his age.

Really great draft, and now we get to see them all develope under Gase!!! Very pumped!!

The last thing on my mind right now is Asiata's age. If the fact that he's a couple years older means that he's more mature as an athlete and more ready to contribute right away, then that's fantastic. We are not drafting a guy in the 5th round because we expect him to be an All-Pro here for 12 years. We drafted him because we think he can help us quickly at a position where we need help quickly.

[video=youtube;KEKoXDrfKqo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEKoXDrfKqo[/video]

Dude benched 225 pounds 35 times. He's a monster

... and he has 33 3/4 in arms! I loved that each time he got tired he cranked out a few more reps! Shows he's got a lot of determination and wants to be the best. Love that in a guy!!

Back
Top Bottom