with the #1 ovaerall pick in 2006..who do you select | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

with the #1 ovaerall pick in 2006..who do you select

Way too early to find our needs and what draft talent there will be. Most likely even draft day will be unclear -- we know Saban.

Right now there are 3 players that would've been possibly taken by the Phins if they entered the draft this past season in Rod Wright/Ferguson/Leinart, so I would say that if the Phins end up with the top pick it'd be one of those 3, my preference is Leinart though.

HVACservice said:
Because we WIN SO MANY GAMES, they have very few chances to run there mouths.

Get it in why you can chumps !!!!!!!

The season is around the corner.

It is easy to tool on the dolphins because you have some pretty wacked out fans...i mean if ricky did to Buffalo what he did to you, there is no way he would be welcomed to even attend agame let alone play in one, but you guys cannot wait untill he rips it up in his 190 pound body, you think Sabans success at LSU immediately translates into the NFL, just not true, too many examples..cough Spurrier..cough, that prove that wrong, your defense is aging, you hvae two ? at recievers and an even bigger ? at who will be throwing the reciever the ball...so before you go buying your super bowl tickets..take a deep breath and wait till septmber, that is what i plan on doing..but until then enjoy the rivalry!

Chris Chambers, Marty Booker & David Boston...potentially one of the best group of recievers in the NFL.

One of the most well respected o-coordinators in the NFL

An o-line coach that is considered one of the top 3 in football.

The best running back in the draft, who is a really good reciever splitting time with Ricky Williams.

A really good tight end who will be freed up while being defended by linebackers & safety's.

A coach who has won everywhere he has been and is considered a defensive genius.

A team with talent abound who has not had back to back losing season in over 30 years.

The point is that there is no way this is the worst team in football and there is plenty of reason for optimism, regardless of what non-fin fans think.

Oh yeah, we were the last team to defeat the patriots, something not 1 team in our division did last season!

Point taken, i will have to brush up on my Miami facts, should be fun! But I have to say i think Moulds-Evans-Parrish is going to be the best 3 WR set in the AFC!

Stampede201 said:
Point taken, i will have to brush up on my Miami facts, should be fun! But I have to say i think Moulds-Evans-Parrish is going to be the best 3 WR set in the AFC!

It's gonna be a tough road for a rookie QB to get away from Jason Taylor, Kevin Carter, Vonnie Holliday, David Bowens and occasionally "mean" Matt Roth. Jp will be running for his life. No offense, but I can't see the Bills beatin us, the BARELY did last year. Come on man....AJ Feeley threw three TD passes against the Bills in the first quarter LAST GAME! Think about it.....:billsbite

l also think it is a little early to start talking draft picks here.....but should we have a shot at Leinart or Omar Jacobs that is who I would take next year. Hopefully we will have the 32nd pick. :lol:

I'm a big fan of QB Omar Jacobs, he's definitely on my list and QB may very well be our #1 priority going into next years draft. We'll have a much better idea after we see how things unfold for us this season.

Stampede201 said:
When the dolphins use the # pick who do you replace?

QB?
another RB? after ricky pays off his debt and quits again
a quality reciever?
A line backer that can play the run and pass?

Considering we already traded our 32nd overall pick and our 2nd and 3 rounder to BUffalo for the first overall pick we choose the best OLB available to replace Seau who went out as a winner.

Stampede201 said:
true enough but the dolphins are not a play off team now, like half the people on here think

When have I said that? Dont put words In my mouth buddy. I have always said that we are going to win 7, 8, or 9 games. I havent said that we will make the playoffs this season, although it would be nice. Back to your question why would we get another RB? Ronnie is good.

Originally Posted by Stampede201
When the dolphins use the # pick who do you replace?

QB?
another RB? after ricky pays off his debt and quits again
a quality reciever?
A line backer that can play the run and pass?

Back to your question why would we get another RB? Ronnie is good. I think we should get a WR and a LB in some round in next year's draft. Ive said this before and I'll say it agian we will choose a QB in next year's draft. Neither Gus nor AJ is a long term awnser.

Originally Posted by wazzy Considering we already traded our 32nd overall pick and our 2nd and 3 rounder to BUffalo for the first overall pick

Wilson aint stupid.

Stampede201 said:
It is easy to tool on the dolphins because you have some pretty wacked out fans...i mean if ricky did to Buffalo what he did to you, there is no way he would be welcomed to even attend agame let alone play in one, but you guys cannot wait untill he rips it up in his 190 pound body, you think Sabans success at LSU immediately translates into the NFL, just not true, too many examples..cough Spurrier..cough, that prove that wrong, your defense is aging, you hvae two ? at recievers and an even bigger ? at who will be throwing the reciever the ball...so before you go buying your super bowl tickets..take a deep breath and wait till septmber, that is what i plan on doing..but until then enjoy the rivalry!

yeah, you guys have a zero tolerance policy. i remember jim kelly being drafted by the bills in 1983, and opting to play in the usfl. he said buffalo was a hellhole and would never play there. the league folded so he had no choice but to honor his contract. now he's buffalo's first son, well, after OJ anyway.

the saban/spurrier comparison is a complete joke and only shows you're a bit on the ignorant side. spurrier had a complete blind belief in his college system, he refused to change his gameplan. saban is a belicheck disciple(HELLO!!! NFL), who also won at mchigan state and lsu using different offensive philosophies. he'll roll with the punches.

wow, did you call OUR qb a ?, i'll let you think about the irony in that comment.

Stampede201 said:

hmmm...

moulds=WAY past his prime, his catches have decreased steadily
evans= good
parrish= so our team is full of ?'s, but this rookie is a pro bowl lock?

chambers=most underrated wr in football
booker=excellent #2, he's be a #1 in buffalo
mcmichael= sick talent
boston=if he's healthy, he is the most explosive wr on either team

SuperMarksBros. said:
hmmm...

moulds=WAY past his prime, his catches have decreased steadily
evans= good
parrish= so our team is full of ?'s, but this rookie is a pro bowl lock?

chambers=most underrated wr in football
booker=excellent #2, he's be a #1 in buffalo
mcmichael= sick talent
boston=if he's healthy, he is the most explosive wr on either team

Well with Deadslow throwing the ball TO or Moss' numbers would decline too so moot point....and let me know how boston does from prison!

if we did have the top pick then I would pick Matt Leinart but I don't beleive we will

I figure that we will be picking anywhere from #15 to #20 and if we finish somewhere from 7-9 to 9-7 then that is where we will be picking at. I would want Omar Jacobs but if we pick that late then I doubt we get him

Back
Top Bottom