with the 1st pick in the 2006 nfl draft... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

with the 1st pick in the 2006 nfl draft...

BringBackShula said:
In many losses....You take away an AJ Feeley Pick-6 last year, and we WIN about 4 more games. We're not even close to being that bad of a team. This isn't just Homer talk. If you really think about why we lost some of those games, it comes down to one play. Or 1 MISplay. -And all of this going on with NO offensive gameplan. or run game. 10-6 is FINE.;)

Our run defense seemed to get punched in the mouth almost every game by opposing O-line's, especially in the 2nd half of games. People say that's because of all the 3 and outs of our offense but the main reason is we lost our big DT's and they were the heart and soul of our run defense. Now, when I think of some of the games coming down to one play, I have hard time remembering just one play being the reason for our loss but I do see a lot of 3rd and down and short being converted against our lousy run defense and our O-line not being able to get any push in our own run game. A few of his INT's were him trying to make something out of nothing, one was a tipped pass and the rest just looked like really poor decisions by Feeley.

But like I said earlier... the rest of the AFC East isn't exactly heads and shoulders above us in the talent pool so some injuries to their starters and we could surprise a lot of teams in our division.

Jester365 said:
It's nothing new for tha media to talk trash about a team after their worst season ever, but anybody that really believes that least year's team was as bad as the record of 4-12, should go work for Wanny in PA...:evil:

Bates took the battered, and dejected remnants of that 1-8 squad Wanny ran away from, and took them almost to .500 against some good teams, including the World Champions... :shakeno:

Dumping Wanny will prove to be HUGE !!! This year we break .500 easily, AND get back our respect...

Perhaps your opinion of good teams is much different than mine, but beating Cleveland and SF does not impress me, the New England win was great, but Cleveland and SF were absolutely pathetic last year as were the Phins.

Phinfanatic84 said:
Our run defense seemed to get punched in the mouth almost every game by opposing O-line's, especially in the 2nd half of games. People say that's because of all the 3 and outs of our offense but the main reason is we lost our big DT's and they were the heart and soul of our run defense. Now, when I think of some of the games coming down to one play, I have hard time remembering just one play being the reason for our loss but I do see a lot of 3rd and down and short being converted against our lousy run defense and our O-line not being able to get any push in our own run game. A few of his INT's were him trying to make something out of nothing, one was a tipped pass and the rest just looked like really poor decisions by Feeley.

But like I said earlier... the rest of the AFC East isn't exactly heads and shoulders above us in the talent pool so some injuries to their starters and we could surprise a lot of teams in our division.
well both of those problems should be fixed this year, Houck is a great o-line coach and will teach them to block well plus we have a RB now. As for the d-line we have DTs this year. Keith Traylor is a huge DT who will plug up the middle, Kevin Carter is an excellant pass rusher who stops the run well and can play either DT or DE, Tim Bowens retired so there goes a good but injury plagued DT. We will have some depth at DT this year, it might not seem like we have depth right now but our DTs are: Carter, Traylor, Chester, Vickerson, Zgonina, and possibly Manuel Wright if we can draft him

Back
Top Bottom