with the 1st pick in the 2006 nfl draft... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

with the 1st pick in the 2006 nfl draft...

imo we'll pick in the high top ten or low teens (9-14), where we can hopefully add or next qb, omar jacobs (barring an implosion by jacobs of course- in that case, i'm all about a left tackle)

Phishstix said:
imo we'll pick in the high top ten or low teens (9-14), where we can hopefully add or next qb, omar jacobs (barring an implosion by jacobs of course- in that case, i'm all about a left tackle)

IMO i dont think our next qb will be in the draft i think we will go after brees if all gose well and he puts up #s that he did last year:evil:

feeley will be good. if we do have the first pick, we'll be taking a tackle, however i feel the dolphins are good enough to be 8-8 so i don't see that happening

outtawack311 said:
They also predict the pats to win it all AGAIN.

I've emailed that guy before. We exchanged words during last season. He knows things are going to change drastically and I'm sure he only put up that mock to keep the traffic flowing. And the reason we're first, I'm almost certain, is because he thinks Leinart will be #1 in the draft. So, he put us at #1 just so Leinart could be represented as such and he's very iffy on A.J. Feeley. He's a level-headed guy.

if you dont finish last, than you will probubly trade up to get him.

feeley and Gus are not franchise qbs.

ch19079 said:
if you dont finish last, than you will probubly trade up to get him.

feeley and Gus are not franchise qbs.

I seriously doubt we trade up to get him. It cost too many draft picks for Saban's liking.

something ive wondered is, would you guys rather take matt leinert or carson palmer, i mean if carson hadnt had such a good first season and they were both unproven draft pick, like if they were both going into next years draft who would you choose? off topic i know... i think miami will draft around 13-15, dont suppose theres anyway chad greenway would slip besides injury...

T.K.O. said:
I expect the Saints to have the number one pick. This is the year where it all falls apart on them. The 49ers and Browns also have a solid shot again

thank you for increasing my faith in the ability of a bills fan to join in on this site without mindlessly bashing the dolphins. not sure i agree with the call on the saints, the 49ers and the browns are definite candidates, as are the titans. dark horse for the bottom is the texans.

Roman529 said:
I also think we will draft Omar Jacobs...he is originally from the Miami area and I think Leinart will go before him and be a top 5 pick....I see Miami winning 7 or 8 games and drafting somewhere around the middle of the first round....Jacobs would be a great pickup.

that would be great (assuming jacobs doesn't blow up this year, also he's a junior so he'd have to declare), but if you consider the teams that will more than likely be top 5 picks (sf, cle, ten...), i'm not sure jacobs will last.

I'm exited about the draft next year already... sad :yes:

Alien said:
something ive wondered is, would you guys rather take matt leinert or carson palmer, i mean if carson hadnt had such a good first season and they were both unproven draft pick, like if they were both going into next years draft who would you choose? off topic i know... i think miami will draft around 13-15, dont suppose theres anyway chad greenway would slip besides injury...

I would take Palmer. He's the best young QB in the league IMO. Leinart is good, and would've gone number 1 this year, but Palmer has better physical ability IMO. The top 2 prospects in next year's draft would've most likely gone 1-2 in this year's draft in Leinart and Fergusan. I think Leinart ends up on either Miami/Cleveland/Arizona, I think Arizona will have the best record of those 3 teams, because they play in the NFC, but think Green may trade up for him.

I know that will definetely not finish last and we will not be able to select leinart but I would like to add Marcus Vick if he is eligible to come out. Michael always said he was the better Vick and if he has 80% of Michael's attributes he would be a great asset to our team.

cchambers84td said:
I know that will definetely not finish last and we will not be able to select leinart but I would like to add Marcus Vick if he is eligible to come out. Michael always said he was the better Vick and if he has 80% of Michael's attributes he would be a great asset to our team.
i hope we could get vice young

Back
Top Bottom