with the 1st pick in the 2006 nfl draft... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

with the 1st pick in the 2006 nfl draft...

This whole thing is ridiculous. Tell me any of you knew who any of the top QBs in the 2005 draft were in 2004.

There will be a brand new crop of great QBs in 2006 that you have never heard of too. So saying we should get Leinart is a bit premature, dont you think?

we are far from the worst team in the league. in fact, i see a team returning a very solid defense, what appears to be a good running game, some good weapons at reciever, and the league's best o-line coach to put it all together. 4-12 was an aberration, i wouldnt expect the bandwagon media to think for themselves.

chrisjp i predict a 10-6 season. :goof:[/QUOTE said:
10-6? That's some wishful thinking. We'll be a physical team that gives every team a hard time but I think 7-9 or 8-8 is a little more realistic, but injuries happen and it's not like the rest of the AFC East has a huge talent edge over us.

cchambers84td said:
I know that will definetely not finish last and we will not be able to select leinart but I would like to add Marcus Vick if he is eligible to come out. Michael always said he was the better Vick and if he has 80% of Michael's attributes he would be a great asset to our team.

Marcus "I'm not Mike...It's a cold sore!!" Vick? He's not even the best QB at Virginia Tech but he does have rare talent that could be lethal with good coaching.

Phinfanatic84 said:
Marcus "I'm not Mike...It's a cold sore!!" Vick? He's not even the best QB at Virginia Tech but he does have rare talent that could be lethal with good coaching.

I DONT THINK that we will draft a QB IMO if brees puts up good #s he will be the one that we will be after next year cause by the time we draft a QB it will take a year for him to gel into our system and than we will be needing wrs te and ect.... and our d isnt getting any younger so IMO IF NOT BREES it will be another great QB that is franchised

jason_taylor said:
I DONT THINK that we will draft a QB IMO if brees puts up good #s he will be the one that we will be after next year cause by the time we draft a QB it will take a year for him to gel into our system and than we will be needing wrs te and ect.... and our d isnt getting any younger so IMO IF NOT BREES it will be another great QB that is franchised

I don't want us to draft Marcus Vick or any other QB next year. Our team doesn't have the luxury of developing a QB. We have an aging D and our skill position guys on offense are starting to get up there too. We have to rebuild but we don't have young skill position guys outside of Ronnie Brown so that's why I think Saban is more or less "reloading" with the Vonnie Holliday's, Kevin Carter's, Stockar McDougle's and Gus Frerotte's and drafting young guys for depth to make the transition go smoother when we do have to play them.

ch19079 said:
if you dont finish last, than you will probubly trade up to get him.

feeley and Gus are not franchise qbs.
if i was GM or head coach then I'd be trading up to get him... he is gna be very good.

miabrown23 said:
the dolphins take matt lineart qb usc according to nfldraftcountdown.com. they think were going to finish last. thats crazy i think the titans will get the number 1 pick. its in their mock draft

It's nothing new for tha media to talk trash about a team after their worst season ever, but anybody that really believes that least year's team was as bad as the record of 4-12, should go work for Wanny in PA...:evil:

Bates took the battered, and dejected remnants of that 1-8 squad Wanny ran away from, and took them almost to .500 against some good teams, including the World Champions... :shakeno:

Dumping Wanny will prove to be HUGE !!! This year we break .500 easily, AND get back our respect...

Phinfanatic84 said:
10-6? That's some wishful thinking. We'll be a physical team that gives every team a hard time but I think 7-9 or 8-8 is a little more realistic, but injuries happen and it's not like the rest of the AFC East has a huge talent edge over us.

In many losses....You take away an AJ Feeley Pick-6 last year, and we WIN about 4 more games. We're not even close to being that bad of a team. This isn't just Homer talk. If you really think about why we lost some of those games, it comes down to one play. Or 1 MISplay. -And all of this going on with NO offensive gameplan. or run game. 10-6 is FINE.;)

And to top the stupidity off they claim the Texans are looking for a RB in the first round because Domanick Davis is "solid but unspectacular". :rofl:

Speaking of QB's, I'll bet Pat Ramsey gets released/traded next year.

Adam First said:
That mock draft has left me laughing so hard I can barely breathe.
it's one of the best and most respected draft sites on the net. My favorite.

Scott does a very good job... bare in mind that the draft is 10 months away.

BringBackShula said:
In many losses....You take away an AJ Feeley Pick-6 last year, and we WIN about 4 more games. We're not even close to being that bad of a team. This isn't just Homer talk. If you really think about why we lost some of those games, it comes down to one play. Or 1 MISplay. -And all of this going on with NO offensive gameplan. or run game. 10-6 is FINE.;)

This team was 10-6 under wannstedt with fiedler as the QB. I'm expecting at least 10-6. But I like that we aren't the media's chic pick to be the surprise team this year. That way we can sneak up on people.

Back
Top Bottom