With The 20th Pick The Phins Take.... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With The 20th Pick The Phins Take....

Who would you take with the 20th Pick?

• Rashaun Woods ~ WR

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • Michael Clayton ~ WR

Votes: 15 13.0%
  • DJ Williams ~ LB

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • DeAngelo Hall ~ CB/KR/PR

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Vernon Carey ~ G/T

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • Lee Evans ~ WR

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Michael Jenkins ~ WR

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Michael Boulware ~ LB

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Philip Rivers ~ QB

Votes: 48 41.7%
  • Chris Gamble ~ CB

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Yeah, Vernon Carey can play pretty much anywhere on the line. Guard, Tackle, etc.

Originally posted by Phinfan31
Alright I say we draft Woods, Clayton, Evans or whoever is open when we get our 1st pick. We NEED a good WR that is fast to take all the pressure off of Chambers. If we have 2 WR threats Ricky will have a much better year next year bcause teams will have to respect the passing game. The only thing they respect in our passing game is Chambers so they often double team him but thats ok cuz he gets open anyways. After we draft a WR or 2 then we need to upgrade the Line so Ricky has some room to run. I say we let fiedler have a couple more years and have our sights set on Mike Vicks brother. :) :)

How are you going to upgrade the OL? With 4th and 5th rndrs? Sorry, but WR is about our 3rd priority. it won't do any good to have the best WR tandem in the league W/O a decent line and a QB throwing to them. WR would only put the horse before the cart. With the QB availability this year, we should be able to get a decent one in the draft, sooner or later we're gonna have to.

Originally posted by PhinstiGator
Clayton is my first choice...Michael Clayton. He is very competitive...great size to complement Chambers...and very good hands.

I certainly hope that we don't reach for Rivers...he should still be there for us in the 3rd round.

Finally, a sensible comment regarding Rivers. If we REACH for him in the first round, I would ****. Why would a team select a QB in the first round with such unorthodox mechanics and average arm strength? He'll still be there in the 3rd, just like Ragone and Simms were in this past draft.

Clayton would be a very sound choice, though the guy I want the most, presuming he declares after their Bowl game, is his LSU teammate, C Ben Wilkerson. Based on the names in this poll only I'd be very happy with Vernon Carey too.

Back
Top Bottom