With The 20th Pick The Phins Take.... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With The 20th Pick The Phins Take....

Who would you take with the 20th Pick?

• Rashaun Woods ~ WR

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • Michael Clayton ~ WR

Votes: 15 13.0%
  • DJ Williams ~ LB

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • DeAngelo Hall ~ CB/KR/PR

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Vernon Carey ~ G/T

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • Lee Evans ~ WR

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Michael Jenkins ~ WR

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Michael Boulware ~ LB

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Philip Rivers ~ QB

Votes: 48 41.7%
  • Chris Gamble ~ CB

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
I don't know about anyone else, but I think David Garrard is a diamond in the rough just waiting to be found. I think he is just like Aaron Brooks. Brooks was a back-up on the Packers, and Mueller traded a 3rd for him. I think David Garrard is just like that. I think he would be starting in Jacksonville if they would not have drafted Byron Leftwich (who I think will be one of the best QBs ever, but of course not better than our Dan :D)

Billy Volek was very sharp as well this season. 5/1 ratio with a 101 passer rating, 545 yards.

He tore up Buffalo's #3 defense for 295 yards, 2 TDs, no picks.

Size is not too bad. Arm is good. Tenn. did not miss a beat with him in there.

Clayton is my first choice...Michael Clayton. He is very competitive...great size to complement Chambers...and very good hands.

71_claytonmiamiJPG-1.jpg

I certainly hope that we don't reach for Rivers...he should still be there for us in the 3rd round.

Please give me Rashaun Woods, Clayton, or Evans with Woods being the favored pick.

perfect situation we get brunell draft vernon carey rashaun woods in the first and draft a second tier qb josh harris or one of the others and after brunell is done either sage or the qb we draft is ready

Take Woods in the first, then trade up in the high second or late first and take Tulane's J.P. Lohsman is what I would do.

i still think we will have 2 first rounders must come away with an oline and a qb or wr in the first what ever the combo would be good

My question is if we draft a QB do we start him right away. I don't see that as being a good idea.

Miami needs more picks.

If we have two firsts, trade one down for a 2,3,5.

1- WR
2- OL
3- Some good QBs slid here last year, I think it's worth waiting
3- DT/DE guy with size that can add pressure up the middle
4- MLB that can help out Zach, lessen the pounding on him
5- CB/S that can be developed
6- Maybe a Jason Geathers type RB/WR all purpose man
7- Hell I don't know, maybe a big RB/FB that can help at the goal line?

Meuller likes to take QBs low or trade for them, he never takes them in the 1st round but he gets some pretty good ones.

if we have two 1st trade down to the end of the first gain a second so we would have
1 OL/WR CAREY WOODS EVANS
1 WR/OL SEE ABOVE
2 QB RIVERS, HARRIS
3 OL/DL JEB TERRY
3 DL /OL NATHINEL ADIBI
4 MLB LANCE MITCHELL
5 DB KEIWAN RATLIFF
6 DL JORDAN CARSTENS
7 WR GEATHERS
7 P KYLE LARSONS

ALL THIS IS POINTLESS BUT WOULD LIKE THAT DRAFT VERY MUCH ALSO DERRICK KNIGHT RB FROM BOSTON COLLEGE WOULD BE A NICE MIDDLE ROUND PICK

Originally posted by gunsnroses
Yeah, Clayton would be a nice pick up. He also related to our Mark.

Really? How are they related? I've been wondering whether or not they are relatives but am not sure.

Micheal Clayton is his nephew. Mark Clayton from OH is not related.

Originally posted by Jaj
Getting the first rounder for him gets us Vernon Carey
LT- Smith
LG- Carey
C- McKinney
RG- Either Nails re-signed for cheap or one of the young ones
RT- Clifton

I don't follow college football at all. This Vernon Carey guy is a guard? We could probably get him at the 20th pick then. Guards just are NOT picked high in the draft.

Afaik a guard wasn't picked in the first round the past 4 out of 5 draft years. Only one who was drafted in the first round the past 5 years was in 2001 with Steve Hutchinson by the Seahawks at pick #17.

After that you got to go back to:

1998: Alan Faneca Steelers G LSU (pick #26)

Back
Top Bottom