With The 20th Pick The Phins Take.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With The 20th Pick The Phins Take....

Who would you take with the 20th Pick?

• Rashaun Woods ~ WR

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • Michael Clayton ~ WR

Votes: 15 13.0%
  • DJ Williams ~ LB

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • DeAngelo Hall ~ CB/KR/PR

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Vernon Carey ~ G/T

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • Lee Evans ~ WR

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Michael Jenkins ~ WR

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Michael Boulware ~ LB

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Philip Rivers ~ QB

Votes: 48 41.7%
  • Chris Gamble ~ CB

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
You can eliminate any QB on the list.

"At the same time, the Dolphins have numerous critical decisions to make this offseason, including at quarterback. Wannstedt described the need to have a veteran on a contending team versus the desire to bring in a young quarterback as being a ``trap.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7617208.htm

And that is just the first negative comment you will here to that possibly.

They will think QB with their 3rd round pick if they feel that free-agency will fill all of their holes......

It will take an act of god (manning or Roethdshfkdsberger dropping to us) for us to take a QB in the 1st.

B R U N N E L

Originally posted by ZOD
You can eliminate any QB on the list.

"At the same time, the Dolphins have numerous critical decisions to make this offseason, including at quarterback. Wannstedt described the need to have a veteran on a contending team versus the desire to bring in a young quarterback as being a ``trap.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7617208.htm

And that is just the first negative comment you will here to that possibly.

Like his opinion matters anymore. Once that GM signs on the dotted line it's his choice.

You guys could have Fiedler and Rosenfels as #1 and #2 respectively, then use your 3rd or 4th on a "QB of the future" as long as it's not Matt Schaub from Virginia ;) He's coming to B-LO

but i really think we end up with 2 first round picks so all three could end up with 2 of the 3 or maybe rivers and 1 of the 3

There could be 4 QBs going in the first round, but that would depend on a team's needs and QB usually are not on a team's list as a high priority. I think that a QB will be there at 20 and I'll say Rivers will be available for the pickings.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
You guys could have Fiedler and Rosenfels as #1 and #2 respectively, then use your 3rd or 4th on a "QB of the future" as long as it's not Matt Schaub from Virginia ;) He's coming to B-LO

don't be naive. We have't taken a QB above the sixth round since marino!

We CAN'T wait on getting a rookie franchise QB. It's rediculous that we didn't take one prior to marino retiring! We've waited too long. Screw wanny and his "trap". He's a draft day idiot, and he's proven that time and time again. I like the guy, but his lack of ballsy moves, and abundance of borderline retarded moves REALLY puts him on my bad sidd.

I doubt Phillip Rivers can be considered a potential "franchise QB". Not with his mechanical flaws. It will take a few years for him to be ready. That's why I think it's a mistake for a team to draft him in rd 1. Miami needs to draft someone in rd 1 that will contribute in 2004. Fiedler can hold down the QB spot for another year or two

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
I doubt Phillip Rivers can be considered a potential "franchise QB". Not with his mechanical flaws. It will take a few years for him to be ready. That's why I think it's a mistake for a team to draft him in rd 1. Miami needs to draft someone in rd 1 that will contribute in 2004. Fiedler can hold down the QB spot for another year or two

It's called looking ahead, something that this franchise has failed miserably to do int he last 10 years. They never got Marino a run game, they neglected to figure that he WOULD end his career eventually.

The draft is about building for the future. Do you WANT a rookie to step up right away? By all means, it's a great thing. But that's just icing on the cake.

If you want a "play now" player, you look to the FA to patch those holes. THAT is where we need to pick up a vet. QB, a WR or an OT. We need to draft for the future. The future of this team will be RIcky, Chambers, and McMichael. It's time that we get someone to compliment them 2 years down the road.

My vote goes for a WR, either clayton or Evans. Chambers and Evans may become close teammates since they played at U dub togather. Imagine the BADGER BROTHERS!

Then keep Griese.........the market for him is likely to be limited and he'll come much cheaper than his present price tag. If you bring in Brunell, then both Fiedler and Griese need to go because Brunell is not signing for the vet minimum

Clump what are you talking about. Brunell has said he wants to come to Miami and he realizes teams will not give him a big salary. He just wants to start. Miami does not have alot of money, but it has an opening slot so put two and two together.

Back
Top Bottom