With The 9th Pick Of The 2007 Nfl Draft.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With The 9th Pick Of The 2007 Nfl Draft....

taylormvp99 said:
With the 9th pick, Laron Landry. I'd be just as happy if they traded down to 12 or 13 and nabbed Brown there. I wouldn't be upset with Brown at 9 but I think it's too early for him.

:yeahthat:

What the heck i'll go on the record for the hundreth time,

We will not take a defensive player,for those of you thinking branch no way,your forgetting fred evans,the coaching staff loves him and he will split the snaps with traylor,there are much bigger needs.

WE will take either Ginn or Brown,if they are both gone then we will trade down a little a pick up one of the second tier wide receivers.

lol.. Jared Zebranksy was the best QB at the combine?

What kind of bull**** have you been reading?

Ted Ginn, Jr. - Mueller seems infatuated with adding a true speed receiver. It's evident.

Brady Quinn, Alan Branch, Levi Brown, Robert Meachem, LaRon Landry = fine, too.

Ted Ginn, Jr. - Mueller seems infatuated with adding a true speed receiver. It's evident.

Brady Quinn, Alan Branch, Levi Brown, Robert Meachem, LaRon Landry = fine, too.

Ginn likely won't go top 10, unless he can run before the draft. And even then he might not be top 10. I think we will go defense at 9 if Quinn isn't there and we don't select Brown.

Here are my 3 guys in order:

1. Brady Quinn (I don't think he'll be there, though)
2. Levi Brown (fills biggest need...can be our LT for next 10-15 years)
3. LaRon Landry (if Brown is also gone, Landry would be the BPA)

I'm really excited about this draft. There's so many different ways we can go and if we play it smart, we're going to get a great player. Assuming Quinn's gone, I'd want BPA or Levi Brown. Branch or Okoye would be great, Landry would be great, Hall would be great. Not crazy about the idea of Ginn, but I wouldn't be angry either. I guess the first two rounds that would excite me most would net us Brown, Kalil and Stanton. I'd even trade the 60 and our 3rd to move up and get another pick in the early second if it got us those results.

With the 9th pick, the Dolphins select... Laron Landry.

Levi Brown will be there. But he will not be the BPA. Miami will not overspend to get a starting OT. I highly doubt Quinn will be there. He could be, but that would be a miracle. Ginn Jr. has a better chance of being there, and Miami will definitely give him a good look. But I have to think they will take the top safety in the draft right in front of the Falcons who would love for Miami to pass him by.

Worth noting: If Branch slips to #9, it would be very similar to the "miracle" of Quinn slipping to #9. Don't count on Branch being ther at 9. It will be most likely be Landry, Brown, or Ginn Jr. at 9.

With Capers revealing that the NT position will be Traylor(re-signed) and Evans, and probably a bit of Manny Wright ... I dont see NT as the pick at #9.

Right now, I think Levi Brown is the highest possibility.

With Laron Landry my next possibility. If we sign Hamlin. Take Landry out of equation.

If I had to pick a 3rd possibility? Ginn Jr, if we dont sign Kevin Curtis or Kelley Washington. If we sign one of them? Take Ginn out of equation.

So the most likely candidate to be the #9 pick in the draft is Levi Brown.

What the heck i'll go on the record for the hundreth time,

We will not take a defensive player,for those of you thinking branch no way,your forgetting fred evans,the coaching staff loves him and he will split the snaps with traylor,there are much bigger needs.

WE will take either Ginn or Brown,if they are both gone then we will trade down a little a pick up one of the second tier wide receivers.

You can go on record a thousand times if you wish, but thinking that myopically usually gets you in trouble.

It all starts up front, and because they rotate frequently you need a lot of good defensive linemen in today's NFL. If Okoye is still there, I'd expect Miami to be very tempted. The same would go for Landry. You can always draft offense later. You can't always get a great player with their potential.

Branch could easily be there... he be great pick up... (Vickerson is going to NFL europe and not a lock for this team... Traylor is not gonna be around long term...

Landry? why?. we drafted Jason Allen as our FS last year 1st round. Bell as SS...

need to build our 0-line.... LT, C, LG still needs upgrades... otherwise our offense will suck.. like it has the past few years.... too much patchwork... instead of laying down a nice foundation....

Correctomundo!

Back
Top Bottom