With the Third Pick of the 2021 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins Select... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the Third Pick of the 2021 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins Select...

Penei Sewell!! Smith is a very good WR but way too high at 3. Sewell is as close to a sure thing as you will ever get. Absolute monster and a perennial 10 year all pro! He is just to good to pass on.
We can get a receiver with our own pick. Yeah, it'd be hard to pass up Smith, but Sewell is the pick we should make at 3. And I'll bet that's what Grier and Flores do.

I still like Chase more, but way better evaluators like J-off and CK are starting to bring me around to value in using the #3 pick on him. I still find it very difficult to pass on Sewell however. Maybe this is all moot though if Houston do something silly and win on Sunday :(

Penei Sewell!! Smith is a very good WR but way too high at 3. Sewell is as close to a sure thing as you will ever get. Absolute monster and a perennial 10 year all pro! He is just to good to pass on.
Agreed, I think people are forgetting how talented Sewell is because he opted out this season. He is as sure of an elite talent as you will find, and assuming the Jets take Fields, we should either take Sewell or trade back so another team takes him.

Last edited:
I think this is the game Justin Field became a Jet.

Texans lose and Penei falls into our laps. I love Devonta Smith but a tackle like Sewell is generational. I'd go WR with 1B. Smith and Chase will be gone, Bateman may stick around, depends on how teams draft and Waddle could potentially slip.

I think this is the game Justin Field became a Jet.

Texans lose and Penei falls into our laps. I love Devonta Smith but a tackle like Sewell is generational. I'd go WR with 1B. Smith and Chase will be gone, Bateman may stick around, depends on how teams draft and Waddle could potentially slip.

No way on tonight's evidence you think that Sam Darnold is a better bet the Justin Fields. Having said that you can't just ignore Fields's performances in other games this year.

No way on tonight's evidence you think that Sam Darnold is a better bet the Justin Fields. Having said that you can't just ignore Fields's performances in other games this year.
I'm saying I think Justin Fields will be picked 2nd OVR by the Jets.

I'm saying I think Justin Fields will be picked 2nd OVR by the Jets.
I know, sorry , I can see how you could misinterpret my post. I was agreeing with you. I also missed an important word between you and think, this is what I was trying to say :

No way on tonight's evidence THE JETS could think that Sam Darnold is a better bet than Justin Fields...

I know, sorry , I can see how you could misinterpret my post. I was agreeing with you. I also missed an important word between you and think, this is what I was trying to say :

No way on tonight's evidence THE JETS could think that Sam Darnold is a better bet than Justin Fields...
No need to apologize brother, I agree completely.

Well, you can a little bit. Or at least count them equally against ALL games he’s played. And consider context.

First, he threw 41 TD’s and only 3 INT’s last season. In a much larger sample size.

Secondly, he played well the first 3 games this season. Then due to a bunch of covid issues, only played 2 games in 6 weeks leading up to the Big10 title game. And was missing 22 players in total and several starters including Olave.

There’s your context.

Does the 3 poor performances during a disjointed covid affected season count more than his previous season in it’s entirety and this HUGE semi-final against a good team?

Don’t forget that he played well against Clemson last season too.

And one of the teams he struggled against after not playing much leading up to that point just laid a beat down on Auburn today. And Indiana has also proven to be pretty good.

Not saying Fields is all world, but he’s better than many are giving him credit for.

But the main point still being, if you are not going to forget about the 3 poor games he had this season then you also can’t dismiss the great season he had last season, the first three games this season and the epic performance he just had tonight.

And even though I really want Sewell, might be better off for us to move pick three for someone who wants to buy a QB.
Your opinion on Fields change at all? Mine hasn’t

Back
Top Bottom