With the Third Pick of the 2021 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins Select... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the Third Pick of the 2021 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins Select...

I think this is the game Justin Field became a Jet.

Texans lose and Penei falls into our laps. I love Devonta Smith but a tackle like Sewell is generational. I'd go WR with 1B. Smith and Chase will be gone, Bateman may stick around, depends on how teams draft and Waddle could potentially slip.
The difference between #18 and #23 is pretty large. While, I'm like everyone else and am desperate to make the playoffs, missing them would give us a better shot at having one of the premium WRs fall to our spot.

Trade down in the 5-7 range, pick up additional picks, and take Smith. That's my preference.

Otherwise, just take him.

Agreed, I think people are forgetting how talented Sewell is because he opted out this season. He is as sure of an elite talent as you will find, and assuming the Jets take Fields, we should either take Sewell or trade back so another team takes him.

I love the idea of trading back to 5 if cincy really wants Sewell... the Falcons aren't going WR early so we can pick up the Bengals 2nd rounder this year and then be picking at 5, 18-23, 35, and 37.

Worst case scenario is the Falcons trade back to 6 and the eagles take Smith at 4... then we can try and trade back to 7 if the lions want a qb and then take chase or Parsons at 7

Agree, I’d love to trade back to 5 and get an extra high second. Draft Smith at 5 and BPA with the second.

Penei Sewell!! Smith is a very good WR but way too high at 3. Sewell is as close to a sure thing as you will ever get. Absolute monster and a perennial 10 year all pro! He is just to good to pass on.

let me preface by saying i like Sewell a lot as well and he would be a fine pick at #3.

that said, there has never been a "perennial 10 year all pro" in the NFL at any position. i have my doubts that Sewell would be the best OT of all time.

let me preface by saying i like Sewell a lot as well and he would be a fine pick at #3.

that said, there has never been a "perennial 10 year all pro" in the NFL at any position. i have my doubts that Sewell would be the best OT of all time.
Guys like Anthony Munoz, Walter Jones and Orlando Pace were “ perineal” 10 yr All - Pro types, the guy never said Sewell would be the best all time. You are setting a Hell of a bar for a player. What is the comp for Smith? Marvin Harrison was a great player but how much of that was Peyton Manning?
Is Smith good enough to unlock Tua’s abilities at the Pro Level? I love playmakers but I can’t pass on Sewell if I can’t trade down.

Last edited:
The difference between #18 and #23 is pretty large. While, I'm like everyone else and am desperate to make the playoffs, missing them would give us a better shot at having one of the premium WRs fall to our spot.
I really don’t see any of the big three at WR falling to 18, I say we use some draft capital to move up if needed. But I want the playoffs. Still have free agency so we will see how that goes.

Well played and you are correct. Sorry, let's just say he will be amongst the best at his position for 10 years. Kid is solid!

I really don’t see any of the big three at WR falling to 18, I say we use some draft capital to move up if needed. But I want the playoffs. Still have free agency so we will see how that goes.
Every year is different, but last year they went at 12, 15, and 17... the next two at 21 and 22.

Guys like Anthony Munoz, Walter Jones and Orlando Pace were “ perineal” 10 yr All - Pro types, the guy never said Sewell would be the best all time. You are setting a Hell of a bar for a player. What is the comp for Smith? Marvin Harrison was a great player but how much of that was Peyton Manning?
Is Smith good enough to unlock Tua’s abilities at the Pro Level? I love playmakers but I can’t pass on Sewell if I can’t trade down.

Im not setting anything. the poster I replied to said Sewell would be a perennial 10 year all pro. a feat that has never been achieved by anyone in the lore of the NFL.

you have an opposing idea this doesn't hint at best OT of all time, I'm all ears.

Im not setting anything. the poster I replied to said Sewell would be a perennial 10 year all pro. a feat that has never been achieved by anyone in the lore of the NFL.

you have an opposing idea this doesn't hint at best OT of all time, I'm all ears.
I just gave you names, what is your argument for Smith? Is he going to be a 10 year All-Pro? Give Marvin Harrison a run for his $? A player that is 15 lbs. lighter than Harrison and looks more like Lamar Thomas. Is that your argument that Smith will be an all time great? Now I am all ears. But if I am putting my money on a player in this class to be the best I am betting on Sewell.

It has been done and I gave you three names. Sure I could come up with more if I took the time to look them up. Ogden, Thomas and Roaf are three more. I can dig up old guys like Matthews and Shell if needed.

Hey either way we are in line for a Helluva player but push comes to shove and if I am tasked with selecting the player that will bring the best value I am bringing in the guy that will anchor our line for a decade and keep our QB confident and upright.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom