With Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle in tow, the Miami Dolphins' offense will be one of the most intriguing storylines of the 2022 NFL season | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle in tow, the Miami Dolphins' offense will be one of the most intriguing storylines of the 2022 NFL season

I think whether we select a RB within the first 3 rounds or not is more of grier's choice than it is McD's.

With how cheap vet RBs are, I think we're more likely to sign the best FA RB we can find next year.

Also, there was a time when having a RB who could split wide gave you 1o1 on a LBer. Apparently it's the other way around now. Going empty backfield and motioning a WR to RB gives you a more talented player carrying the rock and it means the CB that followed the wr will line up at ilb. We'll probably just keep drafting hybrids.

Last edited:
I think it’s safe to say we don’t know exactly what to expect but we do know the caliber of players Hill and Waddle are so hence the exuberance. Still a lot of what ifs but not with these guys.

If Tua has progressed (he definitely has) and the OL has improved (it definitely has) then how can anyone contain this offense? All eyes on Mike McDaniel.

The thing is……wait til we add another first round OL and that Texas RB next year. I’ll tell ya’ll right now I’m planning to trade up with our second rounder next year and end up with 3 first round picks. Sending a clear message to the other 31 teams. 😮

OH!! The aggressive, don't take your foot off the neck of the NFL teams approach.

giphy (1).gif

I'll tell you what; I tend to get a little hyperbolic when I talk college RBs, but with this kid, I don't need to. Bijan Robinson is the best college back I've seen in at least ten years. I know RB don't get drafted high very much any more, but he's an exception. He might very well go Top 15, if not top 10.

We will need our top ten pick we we get from the 49ers for a Linemen, but If he's still there, use our 32nd pick on him.

We will need our top ten pick we we get from the 49ers for a Linemen, but If he's still there, use our 32nd pick on him.

I'm of the opinion we're going to see an entirely different O-Line with even remotely competent coaching. I simply refuse to believe that all O-Linemen magically become awful the second they get to Miami.

Shanahan has stated that if you have a chance at a special RB then you should never hesitate to take him. I could see McDaniel having a similar take. Whether Miami looks at a RB early next year will depend on how the RBs perform this year and if they see a special RB available. If the RB position is still seen as a weakness and there's a special back available then it would be folly to pass on that upgrade.
A Shanahan coached team has never drafted a RB Rd1, and only 1 in Rd2, over the course of his entire career.

I'm of the opinion we're going to see an entirely different O-Line with even remotely competent coaching. I simply refuse to believe that all O-Linemen magically become awful the second they get to Miami.

Well, you know what, it does not matter if we do or don't need a Linemen in 2023, because I checked on youtube on
Bijan Robinson, and even if we get the overall #1 pick, I think Miami needs to find a way to make it work with him...Dam that change of direction on a dime is insane, and that brutal stiff arm reminds me of another Texas RB that played for us...I'm on board.

He's proven in my heart. Lol

Thanks. For the support.

I didn't shorten it for her either. It's the whole first name

Wait, so you named her Tuanigamanuolepola?? I had to google it, as I didnt know Tua was an abbreviation for anything...

A Shanahan coached team has never drafted a RB Rd1, and only 1 in Rd2, over the course of his entire career.
And, as I said, Shanahan directly said that if you have a chance at a special RB then you should never hesitate to take him. Which is why I said that if the RB position was seen as a weakness after the season and they saw a special talent at RB, drafting one early would be on the table.

I believe we're all thinking (or hoping) along those same lines. Its clear the offensive coaches we had under Flores weren't NFL (modern day) caliber.

I do think the need will still be there for another first round OL. We need to draft one and we need to hit on that drafted OL.

I am looking for a "10 year Lineman" because right now we don't have any of those.

Gun to my head right now: OT and CB are our two first round picks in 2023.

I believe we're all thinking (or hoping) along those same lines. Its clear the offensive coaches we had under Flores weren't NFL (modern day) caliber.

I do think the need will still be there for another first round OL. We need to draft one and we need to hit on that drafted OL.

I am looking for a "10 year Lineman" because right now we don't have any of those.

Gun to my head right now: OT and CB are our two first round picks in 2023.

Maybe I am just a bit too Gung-ho with what we have this year, but I really believe the offense and the defense might have little issues other the the huge Question mark of R-Tackle, then either Guard or Center depending how, and where Connor Williams performs.

If the line ends up playing well (At least solid) I think Miami aside from possibly again getting another Linemen (Again, depending how they do, and where they may need help), Miami might be able to get a somewhat luxury pick that will make them even better in the 1st.

If that pick happens to be a RB, so be it, if the staff decide the RB is a rare talent, and far more important then that a linemen...Go for it.

I was impressed by Bijan Robinson, and would not cry if we took him early after seeing what he can do.

Last edited:
And, as I said, Shanahan directly said that if you have a chance at a special RB then you should never hesitate to take him. Which is why I said that if the RB position was seen as a weakness after the season and they saw a special talent at RB, drafting one early would be on the table.
You may be right, but I doubt it. First of all, define "special". Then there is the fact that RBBC has been Shanahans history regardless of what he has said. Beyond that, McD is not Shanahan, and I am not going to project one man's views unto another. McD has his own beliefs. Shaped by his time with KS, but that doesn't make them carbon copies of each other.

The fact is that valuing a RB highly is not the current thinking in most NFL circles. It's really a throwback from a different era.

Lynch is the last RB that was able to carry a team to a championship as a three down, bell cow type back. If you happen to find a guy like that, terrific. Not sure spending a high rd1 makes sense these days, unless there's a Barry Sanders clone out there.

Look at the RBs who were taken in Rd1 over the past decade (even two decades). How many guys were actually difference makers. Most of the best ones were 2nd rd (or later) selections.

Funny you mention that. Today on my FB feed there were Reggie Bush highlights from his time with Miami. I kind of forgot how great he was.

A back like that can turn three yards into 25, or one missed tackle into a touchdown. That's been missing from this offense for a long, long time.

An argument could be made that offense has been missing from Miami's offense since Dan retired.

You may be right, but I doubt it. First of all, define "special". Then there is the fact that RBBC has been Shanahans history regardless of what he has said. Beyond that, McD is not Shanahan, and I am not going to project one man's views unto another. McD has his own beliefs. Shaped by his time with KS, but that doesn't make them carbon copies of each other.

The fact is that valuing a RB highly is not the current thinking in most NFL circles. It's really a throwback from a different era.

Lynch is the last RB that was able to carry a team to a championship as a three down, bell cow type back. If you happen to find a guy like that, terrific. Not sure spending a high rd1 makes sense these days, unless there's a Barry Sanders clone out there.

Look at the RBs who were taken in Rd1 over the past decade (even two decades). How many guys were actually difference makers. Most of the best ones were 2nd rd (or later) selections.

Its only natural that McD's philosophy will vary.

If memory serves, Mike S w/ the Donkeys was a bit more inside (B gap to B gap) zone with WCO passing elements.

Kyle started incorporating more outside zone w/ ATL.

Whereas, LaFleur uses a bit more power running. Last, McVay seems to incorporate the wide open Martz style lambs scheme.

Back
Top Bottom