Wny not Troy Smith! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wny not Troy Smith!

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
U know I dont understand something, Troy Smith before the Bowl Game was suppose to go in the first rd. Now nobody wants this guy. I think he has the talent to be a QB at the next level. He has a strong arm, he can scramble when needed, and is a smartg guy. He reminds me of a young Drew Bress. The only thing i dont like is his Size, so if he improves his stock why not Troy Smith....

NO WAY at #9 thats for sure. Absolutely no value there. Far too many better players to choose from. Now if your referring to the 2nd round, thats a possiblility but there should still be plenty of very talented guys around then as well.

He was never supposed to go in the first round as far as I know. It was said that if he had an amazing bowl game that he could sneak into the end of the first or early second. He had a terrible bowl game, so I think he now projects as a third - fourth rounder. All subject to change depending on the combine.

I would love us to snag a big time speedy WR in the 1st and maybe Troy Smith or Drew Stanton in the 2nd. I still wish Quinn begins to drop..

He was never supposed to go in the first round as far as I know. It was said that if he had an amazing bowl game that he could sneak into the end of the first or early second. He had a terrible bowl game, so I think he now projects as a third - fourth rounder. All subject to change depending on the combine.
3rd or 4th..:rofl: Never!!

Personally, I'm not sold on the guy ... I want better for us. JMHO.

He would be a good fit for a Cameron offense. He's not my first choice but I wouldnt be upset if we got him

I don't see him going before 3rd rd. If a team is out there has picked all they thought were BPA's then you can see a team taking a chance on him. The way I see it, we already got C-Pep and Cleo. Who knows where joey will be next year. I would rather have the likes of Quinn (not gonna be there), Russell (Pipe dream) or maybe even Stanton. I am a Gator fan and after watching that awesome championship game, he just seemed to have disappeared. He didn't live up to the hype when his team needed him. Yes he is doing well in practice but who doesn't. The NFL is way faster than that of college. If he tries the stuff he did in college, he will have the likes of a Freeny, JT, Strahan or any other DE lighting him up like a roman candle. He may have a good to decent arm, but nothing higher than a 3rd rd unless a team wants to burn a pick on him.....IMO.

I really dont think one game makes a carrer, but his poor showing to go along with his small size is enough fro this dolfan to say PASS. I was all for him proir to the championship but after it i relize he wont be able to get away from those big DE's in the AFE east!

I just saw his practices in the Senior Bowl and boy does the little QB have an Arm.......

I really dont think one game makes a carrer, but his poor showing to go along with his small size is enough fro this dolfan to say PASS. I was all for him proir to the championship but after it i relize he wont be able to get away from those big DE's in the AFE east!

My sentiments exactly. I agree on the one game but it just kinda shows that when a crucial game is on the line and you're facing huge DE's like there are in the NFL...you better pack a lunch because they will make him eat it the hard way. There is no love for small QB's in the NFL. Hasn't been since Flutie. DE's love to feast on those small guys.

If you check the record...all QB's his size have had their problems. Just the way it is I guess. Coaches love the prototype QB. Like a Palmer, Manning, Big Ben to name a few. He will get selected..that is a gimme...but it wont be till the later rounds unless he has a guardian angel looking out for him....

Back
Top Bottom