Wny not Troy Smith! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wny not Troy Smith!

I just saw his practices in the Senior Bowl and boy does the little QB have an Arm.......

True...but his size will hurt him in the long run. It always hurts a QB when they don't measure up body wise to someone that is like Peyton, Carson or other prototype QB's. Best of luck to him and whatever team picks him tho. He does have talent but he will need more than that to succeed in the NFL.

Had the Championship Game gone like most experts predicted it to, Troy Smith at number nine would not seem like much of a reach. Obviously, thats not how it went and his stock plummeted. Still, I don't think you can put too much emphasis on one bad game in an otherwise stellar career. It he is still on the board when we pick in the second, I'd say we have to seriously consider taking him. He really improved his passing this past year, so don't think of him solely as a running quarterback unable to cope with the added speed of the NFL.

I would love us to snag a big time speedy WR in the 1st and maybe Troy Smith or Drew Stanton in the 2nd. I still wish Quinn begins to drop..
I feel the same way,but i dont think Quinn will drop to #9.

Had the Championship Game gone like most experts predicted it to, Troy Smith at number nine would not seem like much of a reach. Obviously, thats not how it went and his stock plummeted. Still, I don't think you can put too much emphasis on one bad game in an otherwise stellar career. It he is still on the board when we pick in the second, I'd say we have to seriously consider taking him. He really improved his passing this past year, so don't think of him solely as a running quarterback unable to cope with the added speed of the NFL.

Yea but the game went a different direction. Games are like that and that is why they play the game. Games aren't won on paper. They are won by the athletes playing the game. Smith has the talent but not the size. Thats all I am saying. Like I said before. I understand you can't judge a man by one game. I understand and know he had a good career at OSU. He did pick it up passing wise from the year before and that is well known. The 2nd rd is too high to pick him especially since we have other needs. We have 2 QB's. Smith may be a lot like Cleo and Cleo is real familiar with the offense Cam runs. It also helps that Cleo is perfectly healthy (knock on wood). So if we need a QB of the future, I am happy knowing we have somone that knows Cams offense in Cleo. I wouldn't mind the likes of Stanton or even Palmers little bro. Both are getting better reviews for the most part than Smith.

U know I dont understand something, Troy Smith before the Bowl Game was suppose to go in the first rd. Now nobody wants this guy. I think he has the talent to be a QB at the next level. He has a strong arm, he can scramble when needed, and is a smartg guy. He reminds me of a young Drew Bress. The only thing i dont like is his Size, so if he improves his stock why not Troy Smith....

The 2nd round would be fine with me too. But i think we can get a better pick in the first. Isnt he small too, shorter than 6"? We need a QB that can see the whole field

The 2nd round would be fine with me too. But i think we can get a better pick in the first. Isnt he small too, shorter than 6"? We need a QB that can see the whole field

He actually measured in a 6 ft exactly at the Sr. Practices.

Yea but the game went a different direction. Games are like that and that is why they play the game. Games aren't won on paper. They are won by the athletes playing the game. Smith has the talent but not the size. Thats all I am saying. Like I said before. I understand you can't judge a man by one game. I understand and know he had a good career at OSU. He did pick it up passing wise from the year before and that is well known. The 2nd rd is too high to pick him especially since we have other needs. We have 2 QB's. Smith may be a lot like Cleo and Cleo is real familiar with the offense Cam runs. It also helps that Cleo is perfectly healthy (knock on wood). So if we need a QB of the future, I am happy knowing we have somone that knows Cams offense in Cleo. I wouldn't mind the likes of Stanton or even Palmers little bro. Both are getting better reviews for the most part than Smith.

C'mom....... dont be silly (how are u goin to compare Smith\Lemon) Smith comes from a great football tradition (The Ohio State University) he is a winner by nature, you cannot account that to Lemon he hasnt prove anything yet.

Drew Bress is 6 ft exactly and he doesnt have what it takes. He just took his team to the NFC championship game and lead the league in passing. So far the best QB in the Senior Practices has been Smith, and he has a hell of an arm. If we take him I would be happy as hell....

Oh and BTW Rex Grossman is only and inch taller than Smith

C'mom....... dont be silly (how are u goin to compare Smith\Lemon) Smith comes from a great football tradition (The Ohio State University) he is a winner by nature, you cannot account that to Lemon he hasnt prove anything yet.

Coming from a great football tradition doesn't amount to anything in the NFL and everyone knows it. Cleo has proven he can handle what the NFL can dish out. As far as I know, Smith hasn't proven anything in the NFL. I guess we will have to wait and see....

:sidelol: You gotta be kidding. Craig Krenzel came from THE Ohio State University's "great football tradition", how'd that workout???

What has Smith proved that Lemon hasn't???

I would rather have Stanton, I'm just not sold on Troy Smith.

Drew Bress is 6 ft exactly and he doesnt have what it takes. He just took his team to the NFC championship game and lead the league in passing. So far the best QB in the Senior Practices has been Smith, and he has a hell of an arm. If we take him I would be happy as hell....

Oh and BTW Rex Grossman is only and inch taller than Smith

I am not saying Troy is a crap QB. I saw the games he played in. HE did an excellent job. He has a great talent as a QB at the college level. But I don't think he will go before the 3rd rd. If he does then great for him and I was wrong. I would be the first to admit it. I mean, I have been before. I never said the kid didn't have talent.

Yes those QB's are the same size. If Rex wins it all...then I am happy (Gator Fan). But if you look at his numbers, not so much glamour. I like Rex, don't get me wrong but CHI defense is what got them to the SB. Rex has played Dilfer-like. I really hope Smith makes it in the NFL. I really do. Weather for our team or the next. Best of luck to him in the April draft.

Yeah, I'm not an idiot. I was merely pointing out that if Troy Smith put up an average statistical performance by his standards in that game, he would easily be a first round prospect. I hope I'm wrong, but Cleo Lemon doesn't seem like a starting QB to me. Neither Stanton or Palmer have the brains to play QB in the NFL, it would be like watching Harrington all over again with all the picks they'll throw.

I was all over Troy Smith at #9 thinking he was a 6'1" QB. After I saw the Fiesta Bowl and saw him congratulate Leak he looked 2in shorter then Leak. Leak is listed at 6'.

Back
Top Bottom