Wny not Troy Smith! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wny not Troy Smith!

Yeah, I'm not an idiot. I was merely pointing out that if Troy Smith put up an average statistical performance by his standards in that game, he would easily be a first round prospect. I hope I'm wrong, but Cleo Lemon doesn't seem like a starting QB to me. Neither Stanton or Palmer have the brains to play QB in the NFL, it would be like watching Harrington all over again with all the picks they'll throw.

Never said you were an idiot. 1st rd....I don't think so. 2nd...maybe....if he would have won that game. But like I said...best of luck to him. We will see what happens come April. The combine should change a few things as well. I am sure if he is outstanding there....he will move up like all players do at that time of year.

The 2nd round would be fine with me too. But i think we can get a better pick in the first. Isnt he small too, shorter than 6"? We need a QB that can see the whole field

No hes not 6" you're thinking of Lil Penny or Lil Lebron.:lol: Wouldn't that be a record or something?

I'd consider him in the 4th round, but I'd rather have many other QBs including Brennan in the 2nd round. I juat don't think that any worthwhile qbs will fall to #9. Meachem if he falls to the 2nd round would be a good pick. I'd like Landry or a DT in te 1st.
Garcia is 6'1

I'd consider him in the 4th round, but I'd rather have many other QBs including Brennan in the 2nd round. I juat don't think that any worthwhile qbs will fall to #9. Meachem if he falls to the 2nd round would be a good pick. I'd like Landry or a DT in te 1st.
Garcia is 6'1

Brennan removed his name and is returning to Hawaii....

U know I dont understand something, Troy Smith before the Bowl Game was suppose to go in the first rd. Now nobody wants this guy. I think he has the talent to be a QB at the next level. He has a strong arm, he can scramble when needed, and is a smartg guy. He reminds me of a young Drew Bress. The only thing i dont like is his Size, so if he improves his stock why not Troy Smith....

Here's why. This is from ESPN, from their observations of him yesterday and Monday at the Senior Bowl:

"Troy Smith lacks some velocity and accuracy on his throws. The Ohio State QB wasn't real sharp and didn't have much zip on the ball when he needed it. After struggling against Florida in the national title game, Smith needed a big week. It hasn't happened so far."

They're saying that Drew Stanton looks to be the best QB at the bowl. Keep in mind Jamarcus is a junior, so he's not at the bowl, and Brady Quinn is not participating (no doubt at the advice of his agent) due to a phantom knee injury...

Here's why. This is from ESPN, from their observations of him yesterday and Monday at the Senior Bowl:

"Troy Smith lacks some velocity and accuracy on his throws. The Ohio State QB wasn't real sharp and didn't have much zip on the ball when he needed it. After struggling against Florida in the national title game, Smith needed a big week. It hasn't happened so far."

They're saying that Drew Stanton looks to be the best QB at the bowl. Keep in mind Jamarcus is a junior, so he's not at the bowl, and Brady Quinn is not participating (no doubt at the advice of his agent) due to a phantom knee injury...

I made that same argument earlier yet one of the guys on here stated the opposite, that Troy was the best and Drew sux. Thanx for backing me up there. Feeling better now....lol....:goof: :cooldude:

Troy Smith has the best arm I've seen since Jeff George...the ball just catapults off his hand.
Man if only he was 6'4"...:D

I think we have all seen what Troy Smith is without Tedd Ginn taking pressure off of him.

And Brady Quinn is not participating because he does not want to display the overratted accuracy that gets shielded by a system with Weis. Honestly, I don't know what the big deal is about him.

You haven't seen a lot of quarterbacks have you?

I think I've seen a few more QB's than you in my time Geforce..:D

I find it hard to believe you don't think he has an awesome arm.
Thats one thing for sure he has...

I think I've seen a few more QB's than you in my time Geforce..:D

I find it hard to believe you don't think he has an awesome arm.
Thats one thing for sure he has...

I doubt you have seen a few more QBs than I have since I'v been following football since 1969.

Smith has a good arm but it's not the best since Jeff George. There's a quarterback in this draft that has a better arm and his name is JaMarcus Russell.

Back
Top Bottom