Won't Know About Waddle Until Probably Friday | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Won't Know About Waddle Until Probably Friday

Do you think he needs a lane to make it happen or can he create ?
I think every RB needs a hole, but Achane shouldn’t need much of one to burst through and once he hits it he’s got that rare speed and such a motor! He runs hard for a smaller RB.
He’ll need to prove he is durable as well

Maybe, but he probably didn't fumble a game away the way Waddle did and play like crap in his first playoff game either. Waddle needs to be a lot better, unacceptable that Devonta Smith is so much more reliable than Waddle is, I don't give a **** about the numbers. If he could just consistently secure the ball he would blow Smith away, but that's the problem...
Lol, if you think Waddle is this much of a liability, I’d hate to hear what you think about 50 other guys on the team

Lol, if you think Waddle is this much of a liability, I’d hate to hear what you think about 50 other guys on the team
We didn't use 2 firsts on the other 50 guys on the team. We used a late first for Tyreek and he's way better. I don't hate Waddle, seems like a great kid and is a special talent. Just don't think he's elite until he fixes the hands. Kinda important for a WR.

Waddle needs to work on his drops. He had a few actually during training camp. It was also an issue last season.
The average dropped pass rate for WR’s in the NFL was 6.7 over the course of the 2022 season. Waddle had 7 dropped passes and Hill had 8 dropped passes.

So they both are just slightly above the average when it comes to the number of passes they dropped last season. Obviously we would all hope that they never drop a pass but that is unrealistic.

I agree about welker and said so when it happened, lot of folks here will just write “it was a poison pill nothing could of been done”
we were a power running team. he was a slot wr and 3rd on chart behind booker and chambers and he was even behind McMichael as far as options for QB. we tendered him because he was our 6th weapon. If we matched the Patriots contract then we would've been making a wr that averaged 10 ypr the highest paid wr in the league. Dont forget, Welker even dogged us after he left saying that when he was playing for us, he stood on the sidelines dreaming about being a patriot

As I like to point out, their are players on other teams trying to make plays also. Since Reek never fumbles, I've provided this for you to chew on. It was dumb luck it bounced back to him.

Not the same. Waddle's strip was much lighter, the player was right in front of him, and in a much more important moment of the game. Not all turnovers are created equally.

we were a power running team. he was a slot wr and 3rd on chart behind booker and chambers and he was even behind McMichael as far as options for QB. we tendered him because he was our 6th weapon. If we matched the Patriots contract then we would've been making a wr that averaged 10 ypr the highest paid wr in the league. Dont forget, Welker even dogged us after he left saying that when he was playing for us, he stood on the sidelines dreaming about being a patriot
I respect your opinion but that’s not what projecting a player is about, you don’t account for what the player could be become in your post, doesn’t matter if you are a running team. Great players should be identified early in the process

As long as Waddle is healthy when the regular season starts, I really don’t care if he spends the rest of training
camp soaking up the sun at the beach. He has nothing to prove during the pre season, as far as I am concerned
It’s not about proving yourself when you are the undisputed starter. It’s about being in game shape and getting timing ready.

The fact he was on the sideline most of the time with the Dolphins is the reason he has plenty of time to dream about playing for the Patriots.

The Patriots saw how effective Welker could be in their offense and that was why they were willing to trade for him. Welker was able to show how effective he actually could be once he was traded to the Patriots.

As you point out, the Dolphins offense at the time wasn’t based on the WR position as much as it was the running game. Welker was able to go to the Patriots and have a very good career with several SB wins. The Dolphins only got two years out of Samson Satele, the player they drafted with the 2nd round pick from the Patriots in the trade for Welker.

It never bothered me that Welker enjoyed playing for the Patriots or that he “dogged” the Dolphins after the trade. He simply took advantage of the opportunity he was given in New England and I have no problem with that.

I am just happy he eventually found his way back to Miami as the WR coach at this time.

It’s not about proving yourself when you are the undisputed starter. It’s about being in game shape and getting timing ready.
Waddle has shown that he stays in shape, even during the off season. Yet I understand that if he has an injury that prevents him from working out for the next few weeks, that might affect him being in game shape upon his return.

Hopefully he won’t miss much practice time, if any. Yet I doubt Tua will play much in the preseason, so I don’t see timing being a problem even if Waddle doesn’t play in the preseason.

Not the same. Waddle's strip was much lighter, the player was right in front of him, and in a much more important moment of the game. Not all turnovers are created equally.
There is no good time for fumble or turnover if you are the offense. Every moment in a game is important start to finish since any play can be a catalyst to something else. Both Waddle and Hill did not secure the ball properly. Doesn't matter where the defender was coming from.

There is no good time for fumble or turnover if you are the offense. Every moment in a game is important start to finish since any play can be a catalyst to something else. Both Waddle and Hill did not secure the ball properly. Doesn't matter where the defender was coming from.
I get it, everyone fumbles. I'm sure Harrison got more hand on the ball than I'd care to admit, but it was still very soft especially for that moment in the game. Turnovers are not all the same, lets just hope Waddle doesn't do it again and works on catching the ball with his hands rather than his body. That's not cool.

I get it, everyone fumbles. I'm sure Harrison got more hand on the ball than I'd care to admit, but it was still very soft especially for that moment in the game. Turnovers are not all the same, lets just hope Waddle doesn't do it again and works on catching the ball with his hands rather than his body. That's not cool.
I agree with the jumping body catches. That needs to end.

Back
Top Bottom