Woody offer bigger than Kreutz? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Woody offer bigger than Kreutz?

Dang Zod! You are bringing the good tonight! I wonder if Woody is worth that much though. I would almost overpay by a little though to keep him from Buffalo and definately away from New England. With Timmerman resigning, I wonder who the second choice is ( Villarial?). I hope Spielman is able to land Woody, that would help us tremendously on the interior. A line that could consist of:
Smith, Woody, McKinney, Villarial, and Wade would be a nice upgrade over last year's crop. Add in some nice young depth with Whitley and Yates and I think we would be set barring any injuries.

As far as the corner situation goes. I would hate to see Madison go but like the article said, there might be some suitable replacements out there for cheaper.

If this Offer is for Woody he sure as hell deserves it from us.He is young,he is a super bowl champ, and he can help us kick New Englans @$$

i hope tbuck resigns, he is the man, i love him here in miami, as for the bills landing anyone i think not...... who would pass up on the dolphins for the bills, u know he wants kick it in the nice miami heat with hunnies all over that huge frame...... haha..... i love it, we all can ***** and wine about our fins but they do it every year baby and thats keepin on us on the edge of there seats waiting to see if they can one more guy to the all star crew and win the big one....... here's to 2004 boys

oh and GO HOKIES sorry had to let the Va in me out a lil.......... DIRTY SOUTH hell with them yankees

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Buckley won't resign with Miami??

Buckley's a very good nickel corner, but he's past the point where he's a good starter. He would not be an option to replace Madison, should we cut him loose.

There is speculation that Buffalo already has a contract on the table for
Damion Woody and New England has suspicions of tampering on Buffalo's part. It appears Buffalo has put their highest priority to signing Woody to upgrade their Offensive line.
Some south Florida sports writers are also indicating that chances are increasing that Miami will not be able to resign T. Wade to a new contract making him a free agent. The large contract his agent is wanting would cut down considerably the cap space the Dolphins have opened up to sign free agents.

Originally posted by OneHondo
There is speculation that Buffalo already has a contract on the table for
Damion Woody and New England has suspicions of tampering on Buffalo's part. It appears Buffalo has put their highest priority to signing Woody to upgrade their Offensive line.

That speculation is from profootballtalk.com, and those guys can be a little out in left field. I'd take any info from there with a grain of salt. Actually, an entire salt lick would be more like it. :)

Every other major source has us right in the mix for Woody (SI, Foxsports, CBS Sportsline, I think ESPN Insider but I won't swear to that).

The patriots re-signed guard Russ Hochstein, the guy who replaced Damien Woody in the divisional playoffs when Woody got injured. Seems they are hedging their bets and deciding not to keep Woody.

I think the Pats will be our biggest competition for Woody, not the Bills.

I hope we get him. That would be a terriffic signing by Spielman. Having said that, I dont think Bellicheck will pony up to resign Woody - thats doesnt seem to be his style. He probably feels he can find a few, low-cost replacements to take over for him (and whats worse, he probably will)

They need to go after this guy hard. Keep him away from NE and Buffalo while at the same time acquire a very talented young lineman.

I would make him the highest paid guard in the league.

Buffalo has something that Miami doesn't, playing in front of PUMPED UP FANATICS!

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom