World Cup Seeding today!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

World Cup Seeding today!!!

Quelonio

El rey de la Pachacha
Reaction score
I know that most people here don't really get excited but it is the World Cup man, that is one important thing.

Today they decide the groups. Mexico is head of a group so there is a chance they will get a easier group.

I dunno, ESPN soccernet has a live tracker... I think it is 7 PM german time

Quelonio said:
I know that most people here don't really get excited but it is the World Cup man, that is one important thing.

Today they decide the groups. Mexico is head of a group so there is a chance they will get a easier group.

If they dont get the US or Holland they will get out of the first round

Quelonio said:

Not to talk trash, but it's insane that Mexico was seeded, and not the USA or Netherlands. The USA has clearly been a better team than Mexico over the last four years and did far better at the 2002 WC, and the Dutch are ranked 3rd in the world.

phunwin said:
Not to talk trash, but it's insane that Mexico was seeded, and not the USA or Netherlands. The USA has clearly been a better team than Mexico over the last four years and did far better at the 2002 WC, and the Dutch are ranked 3rd in the world.

I agree. Mexico is good but US and Netherland are better. But it doesnt matter. I believe the US will go to semi and will be difficult to beat.

USA won't even get out of the first round

They drew the #2 ranked country in the world my home nation Czech Republic and Italy who are always dominant.

It will be a short world cup for USA

Should be interesting seeing this in Korea. They go crazy for the world cup. They have huge TV screens outside all around in Korea and people line the streets to watch the games, should be fun to go to. Grabbing some soju and watching soccer in the freezing cold....

So excited for the World Cup!! Have you guys seen the new ball? It looks alright, but I prefer the Fevernova of 2002. I have been on this board for quite some time and as it has grown so has the fans of Soccer, so I am glad to see so many who like soccer. Incase you didn't know I root for 3 teams...Argentina, USA and Peru. Peru is not in it because they did not qualify...but I will be rooting for Argentina and USA. I think US needs to go 1-1-1 at the minimum to qualify for the next round. I think they can do it, and Czech will leave the tournament early. Italy plays very defensively and could be eliminated but I think their Trio knows this maybe their last chance to win a WC together (Totti, Del Piero, Vieri), not to mention both of their GKs are among the Top 5-10 in the World.

Argentina SHOULD easily get out of the first round this time. No more egos. No more Expectations of the 1st Place team. They have Ghana, Serbia and Montenegro (Who could be a surprise) and Holland (Netherlands). Argentina should go 2-0-1 (2 wins and maybe 1 loss). This time they are not in the Group of Death (or "El Grupo De La Muerta" like they where in 2002) that belongs to US now this WC. This mixture of young/experienced players should go far in this Cup If not win it all. I don't like Pekerman much and don't think he is doing much different then Bielsa but, there are no excuses now. No Batistuta. No Ortega. No Veron. No Pochettino. I know Argentina will go with El Pato Abbondanzierri as their GK which I think is a mistake because I think he is OVERHYPED and OVERRATED. I think El Mono Burgos and Pablo Cavallero are both better but both don't have a chance to play for this squad...sucks because this is El Mono's last chance due to age.

I also want to see Brazil get eliminated quickly, but I REALLY want to see Ronaldinho play as much as I can, so I am torn there. That man can ball.

Anyway, it should be a GREAT World Cup and I look forward to it. 4 Years have gone by so damn fast! I might even go with some family to watch some games and root for my Americans damn it!

I don't really follow soccer,but I do love to watch the World Cup of soccer.I got a killer Brasil jersey my brother-in-law got for me when he was there a few years back.I never wear it cause it just looks so cool(green,blue and yellow)the way it is. And the fact that I'm not from Brasil.

Btw ..............GO USA!!!!!!

Prime Time said:
So excited for the World Cup!! Have you guys seen the new ball? It looks alright, but I prefer the Fevernova of 2002. I have been on this board for quite some time and as it has grown so has the fans of Soccer, so I am glad to see so many who like soccer. Incase you didn't know I root for 3 teams...Argentina, USA and Peru. Peru is not in it because they did not qualify...but I will be rooting for Argentina and USA. I think US needs to go 1-1-1 at the minimum to qualify for the next round. I think they can do it, and Czech will leave the tournament early. Italy plays very defensively and could be eliminated but I think their Trio knows this maybe their last chance to win a WC together (Totti, Del Piero, Vieri), not to mention both of their GKs are among the Top 5-10 in the World.

Argentina SHOULD easily get out of the first round this time. No more egos. No more Expectations of the 1st Place team. They have Ghana, Serbia and Montenegro (Who could be a surprise) and Holland (Netherlands). Argentina should go 2-0-1 (2 wins and maybe 1 loss). This time they are not in the Group of Death (or "El Grupo De La Muerta" like they where in 2002) that belongs to US now this WC. This mixture of young/experienced players should go far in this Cup If not win it all. I don't like Pekerman much and don't think he is doing much different then Bielsa but, there are no excuses now. No Batistuta. No Ortega. No Veron. No Pochettino. I know Argentina will go with El Pato Abbondanzierri as their GK which I think is a mistake because I think he is OVERHYPED and OVERRATED. I think El Mono Burgos and Pablo Cavallero are both better but both don't have a chance to play for this squad...sucks because this is El Mono's last chance due to age.

I also want to see Brazil get eliminated quickly, but I REALLY want to see Ronaldinho play as much as I can, so I am torn there. That man can ball.

Anyway, it should be a GREAT World Cup and I look forward to it. 4 Years have gone by so damn fast! I might even go with some family to watch some games and root for my Americans damn it!

Why do you root for Peru?

Because I am 1/2 Peruvian. I root for Peru because they are an under dog and use to be good in the 70's (like the Fins), but then fell off. I enjoy watching the team play but unfortunately they just cant get it done. I don't think they should have Fired Autorri, because the new coach is wack as hell. I'll miss watching Solano wear #7 for Peru since he retired from International Soccer after a WC Qualifying tie to Uruguay which killed our hopes of reaching the WC. Guerrero is decent but must improve A LOT. Farfan is the future of this team...Pizarro, Palacios, Soto and Mendoza are all veterans who could still play in 2010 in Africa BUT they need to start executing their opportunities. Jayo is decent, and the GK Ibanez was getting old. I want to see Butron get a chance. He is young and although is prone to make mistakes, I could see him playing in Europe If his talent develops the way the Peruvians are hoping. VAMOS PERU CARAJO!!!!!!

I have TST-4 Argentina Tickets but still undecided if im going to go. It all depends if my sister moves to Italy in March so I can crash at her house. If not then it going to cost me like $5000.00 to go.

Back
Top Bottom