Worse Case Scenario | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worse Case Scenario

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Reaction score
This IMO is the worst case scenario in the draft. What would you do if you're Rick and you can't find anyone to trade down with.

1 - San Diego - Eli Manning
2 - Oakland - Roy Williams
3 - Arizona - Larry Fitzgerald
4 - NY Giants - Robert Gallery
5 - Washington - Tommie Harris
6 - Detroit - Sean Taylor
7 - Cleveland - Kellen Winslow
8 - Atlanta - Mike Williams
9 - Jacksonville - Kenechi Udeze
10 - Houston - DeAngelo Hall
11 - Pittsburgh - Ben Roethlisberger
12 - NY Jets - Dunta Robinson
13 - Buffalo - Philip Rivers
14 - Chicago - Vince Wilfork
15 - Tampa - Jonathan Vilma
16 - San Fran - Shawn Andrews
17 - Denver - Reggie Williams
18 - New Orleans - Chris Gamble
19 - Minnesota - Will Smith

Would you reach for an Olineman? - Carey, Grove, Smiley

Grab a legit #3 receiver? - Evans, Jenkins, Woods, Clayton

Take a DT that can learn behind Timbo? - Starks, Tubbs, Dockett

Grab a LB that can learn behind Seau? - Williams, Dansby

Surely not a DB? - Poole, Strait, Ware

Personally, I would take DJ. An athlete like that would be immense, and he can learn the intraciciesof the position from his idol, Junior.

I would flip a coin, heads I take Starks, Tails I take Williams, if it lands on it's side I take Smiley

well he said "you can't find anyone to trade down with"

I'd have to say go either DT, or reach for the oline. The good news is Philly has moved up to #16(49ers) so the team you have taking Andrews wont be there anymore. Good News for us, although I didnt see them taking him anyways.

I was basically trying to take any major targets or fans favourites off the board.

That is not my mock.

take the highest rated guy on the board at OL or WR which w/b

Carey, Smiley or Woods

I would trade down for more picks in the second rd. If i could not i would take Grove or Smiley.Dolfanreal69

I think you have to go DT all the way in this scenario. I imagine that somebody would want to trade up, though. This would certainly be a case where I wouldn't mind taking a bit less on the trade down if it gets us into a position where the team could take a guy at OL or WR who represents value. The only value on the board I see is at LB/DT.

I think that the highest rated player would be Evans and that would be Miami's pick.

I think denver wont be picking up a WR There getting Northcutt

But if the Draft did go like that i see the Dolphins getting Carey or DJ he is too good to pass. Either one would make me happy. Even though i would like Andrews better

Originally posted by Jimmy James
I think you have to go DT all the way in this scenario. I imagine that somebody would want to trade up, though. This would certainly be a case where I wouldn't mind taking a bit less on the trade down if it gets us into a position where the team could take a guy at OL or WR who represents value. The only value on the board I see is at LB/DT.

You guys that are predicting a 1st round defensive pick are overlooking one teeny weeny thing......

The Fins have stated over and over and over again that they are looking for help to win NOW.

A rookie to come in right away and start on defense is NOT a necessity period. Common sense and a looksie at the roster will tell you that. If in fact they want to improve the team in a way that they can win it all THIS year then there is zero chance they draft D. OL, WR or slight chance of QB if Speilman still secretly has a woody for Rivers and for some strange reason thinks he could start successfully year one.

I say either OL or WR.

concur trekbiz, I love how people like to look forward to next year when this year hasn't even started.

Who can help us win NOW!

Please don't say that if we draft andrews or smiley they can't help us win a sb now cause they can.

Back
Top Bottom