Worst coach of All-Time? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst coach of All-Time?

Originally posted by chambers84
With Wanny's record in Miami, I don't know how he could even be nominated for the worst coach ever. I don't care for him, but numbers are numbers.

So true

Originally posted by chambers84
With Wanny's record in Miami, I don't know how he could even be nominated for the worst coach ever. I don't care for him, but numbers are numbers.

With all due respect Chambers....... I have to pose a question in response to your statement..

Its not a matter of "numbers are numbers".... its more like.. what kind of numbers would a real coach, such as Shula, Landry, Knox, Walsh etc have done with all this talent on the team..

Its easy to have a winning record with all-stars on the team.. but it takes real talent to screw it up so bad you miss the playoffs 2 years in a row.......

"Wanny sucks"...... thats my vote......

Originally posted by Jeep

With all due respect Chambers....... I have to pose a question in response to your statement..

Its not a matter of "numbers are numbers".... its more like.. what kind of numbers would a real coach, such as Shula, Landry, Knox, Walsh etc have done with all this talent on the team..

Its easy to have a winning record with all-stars on the team.. but it takes real talent to screw it up so bad you miss the playoffs 2 years in a row.......

"Wanny sucks"...... thats my vote......
perfectly stated Jeep...the talent alone on this team should buy you 9-10 wins...an ounce of good coaching would put you in the playoffs

Bill Cowher

This guy has had so many chanches and yet no super bowls.

7-8 in the playoffs

If I were a Steelers fan I would wan't him gone.

Tony Dungy

A great defensive coach but as far as a head coach he will never win the big one.

Just look what Tampa did the year he was gone.

Originally posted by 4THand10
Bill Cowher

This guy has had so many chanches and yet no super bowls.

7-8 in the playoffs

If I were a Steelers fan I would wan't him gone.
I don't think he's the worst at all, but I do see your point...He hosted 4 AFC Championships and won only one of them:eek:

Dan Reeves

He should have been fired a long time ago.

Anybody who picks Wanny is letting his emotion rule over logic.

Cowher, Levy, and Wannstedt being mentioned in this is beyond ridiculous. I don't care who you like or dislike.

Its not a matter of who I like it is a matter of what have they done.
With all the talent these 3 coaches have had none of them have a super bowl ring.

You mean DW's winning percentage with a lack of playmakers on offense, Levy's Superbowls and Cowher's playoff appearances with Stewart at the helm are accomplishments only worthy of worst coach ever? Please.

On 2nd thought it was wrong to put Dungy in there as well. Anyone old enough to remember Tampa Bay before him can appreciate his job there. Turning that team into a contender might qualify you for best coach lists.

I like Cowher he is alot better than Wanny. I believe the players like Wanny but they just don't get that winning attitude from him like BB does in NE. You put a firey coach like Gruden, Cowher or Tice I believe the dolphins will be better the dolphins don't need a best friend as a HC they need a coach That would jump down their throat if they do something stupid it don't matter if it is R. Williams he fusses at as long as the point is discussed.

Tice (I was told) is as unintelligent a man as you will ever see in a coaching position. BB is as dry as Wanny. Cowher is a similar coach to Dave I believe. I think that would be a lateral move in a lot of ways. Gruden is a step above in my estimation.

Back
Top Bottom