worst fans in NFL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

worst fans in NFL

Eagles Fans period. They cheered when Michael Irvin was on the ground unable to move. It doesn't get much worse than that. Even though I personally hate Patriot fans.

The Jets fans cheered when Chad Pennington attempted to hobbled on the field and fell to the turf unable to support his weight on a bum ankle.

The City of Brotherly Love...lol. Isn't that what they call Philly? There are two ways of measuring it. The home games, not that it makes it right....and those who make the trip to a road game and then are plain evil.

Eagles and Raiders are always on te top of the list. Bears fans tried to make a run the way they hosted the Saints int he NFC title game last year.

Going to Ralph Wilson Stadium is never a fun experience. Oh well, a couple more years and there will be an NFL team in Toronto :D

EAGLES fans are the worst by far. I remember seeing in the news that the city of Philadelphia assigned a judge at "The Vet" stadium to deal with roudy fans. It's on the last paragraph here too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Stadium

Fans who attended games in Veterans Stadium for a football game gained a reputation of being among the most vociferous in sports, especially those in the notorious 700 Level, the highest seating level in the stadium prior to the erection of luxury skyboxes behind that seating area. The stadium became famous for the rowdiness of Eagles fans, although the incident in which fans booed Santa Claus for failing to leave the field following a halftime show occurred on December 15, 1968 at Franklin Field.

Perhaps no game is more well-known for the fans' behavior than the 1989 follow-up game to what many called "The Bounty Bowl". On Thanksgiving Day (November 23) that year, the Eagles beat the Cowboys at Texas Stadium in which former Eagles placekicker Luis Zendejas left the game with a concussion following a hard tackle by linebacker Jesse Small after a kickoff. After the game, Cowboys rookie head coach Jimmy Johnson commented that Eagles coach Buddy Ryan instituted a bounty on Zendejas and Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman. Two weeks later, on December 10, they played the rematch dubbed "Bounty Bowl II" at The Vet, which was covered with snow in the stands. The volatile mix of beer, the "bounty" and the intense hatred for "America's Team" (who were 1-15 that season) led to fans throwing snowballs at Dallas players and coaches. Beer sales were banned after that incident for two games. A similar incident a few years later at Giants Stadium during a nationally telecast San Diego Chargers-New York Giants game led the NFL to rule that seating areas must be cleared of snow within a certain time period before kickoff.

The Eagles fans' behavior during a Monday Night Football loss to the San Francisco 49ers in 1997 and a Dallas Cowboys game a year later was such that the City of Philadelphia assigned a Municipal Court Judge, Seamus McCaffrey, to The Vet on game days to deal with fans removed from the stands.

The Jets fans cheered when Chad Pennington attempted to hobbled on the field and fell to the turf unable to support his weight on a bum ankle.

Cheering for Clemens coming off the bench != cheering for Pennington being injured. They just happened around the same time. ;)

Don't forget about Gate D either. And the Steelers home game at Giants stadium, home of the Jets.

Rough year..

Cheering for Clemens coming off the bench != cheering for Pennington being injured. They just happened around the same time. ;)

Don't forget about Gate D either. And the Steelers home game at Giants stadium, home of the Jets.

Rough year..

Granted, some Jets fans aren't bad. One of the guys I sat next to who was a Jets fan at the Meadowlands was a super cool guy. Most of the Jets fans around us though... weren't so cool.

kinda depends on how you define the term worst. If you are talking about the biggest *** holes then most of you have it right on the money (I would put the Eagles first).

but the other argument for worst fans could be complacent, quiet...absent. A team that has their stadium half full with the oppositions fans for most games. In that way, I would say that Dolphins fans are right up there among the worst. Tampa Bay also....didn't they have trouble selling out their playoff game?

went to a game at the old foxboro stadium in 2000. I thought the fans there were the worst i had ever encountered. My buddy and I are pretty big dudes and we both were concerned for our safety.

I actually had the guy in front of me say that he had been to Jet's games in the Meadowlands and had never seen people being treated as poorly as we were on that day.

And, that was before they were any good!

This is a great question. Patriot fans are not the worst, they're bad I'll admit, but not the worst. Here is my breakdown of the other AFC East Teams fans:

Jets fans are the worst because they'll talk smalk even after their team has lost the game! They never argue with you win their team wins. They simply tell you your team sucks. I usually reply with a quip about them taking I-75 North back to stinkin NY if they love it so much, They never take my advice...

Patriot fans usually leave the stadium very fast with their head down not saying anything if they lose (Ive seen Pat fans take off their Jersey/shirt and hide it to avoid being harassed by Phin fans). They usually dont talk smack in a loss. The last 2 times they were beaten by us down here (29-28 on Mon night, and 21-0 last season) I actually heard conspiracy theories as to why we won. They'll never admit that the other team was just better on that day.

Pat fans are like Tiger Woods, when they beat you they act like they knew it was gonna happen, when they lose they never give you credit. In a victory them seem to have the "I told you so" attitude.

Bills fans have become pretty boring the last few seasons. Not like the old days of Marino and Kelly. Besides one guy hitting on my girlfriend, and me telling him what I would do to his mother in a sexually suggestive manner, not too much excitement in this rivalry anymore.

Back
Top Bottom