Worst Part of Rookie Hazing? Monetary or Psychological | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst Part of Rookie Hazing? Monetary or Psychological

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
After hearing the NFL Network, ESPN, CNN, etc.. I think Martin may have left because of monetary obligations towards the team.

Do you think rookie hazing from crazy haircuts, to pranks, to carrying equipments on the field can really affect a football player who in my opinion football is the most violent sport after UFC, Rugby and Hockey.
I'm sure most of them pledged for a college fraternity and the initiation/hazing is not fun as well but everyone had to go through it. If the NFL decides to ban rookie hazing, they should also ban all the Fraternities on college campuses.

At the beginning of this thing, they also mentioned how rookies went broke after paying for the veterans. $15,000 for a trip for a rookie only making around $400,00 is not pocket change, and it is a big chunk in someone's budget trying to plan for the future. We all know Martin is not making Mike Wallace money..

In your opinion, do you think money played a big role in Martin's departure?

After hearing the NFL Network, ESPN, CNN, etc.. I think Martin may have left because of monetary obligations towards the team.

Do you think rookie hazing from crazy haircuts, to pranks, to carrying equipments on the field can really affect a football player who in my opinion football is the most violent sport after UFC, Rugby and Hockey.
I'm sure most of them pledged for a college fraternity and the initiation/hazing is not fun as well but everyone had to go through it. If the NFL decides to ban rookie hazing, they should also ban all the Fraternities on college campuses.

At the beginning of this thing, they also mentioned how rookies went broke after paying for the veterans. $15,000 for a trip for a rookie only making around $400,00 is not pocket change, and it is a big chunk in someone's budget trying to plan for the future. We all know Martin is not making Mike Wallace money..

In your opinion, do you think money played a big role in Martin's departure?

Lets break this down a bit with some recent facts:

1) Will Davis (a rookie) stated that no rookie is forced to pay for dinner. If you don't want to...say no.

2) The trip to Vegas is a ritual for the O-Lineman, and JMart stated he was going to go. All of the parts (hotel, cars, private jet, show tickets, etc.) is paid for in advance. JMart backed out at the last minute and the O-line didn't think it was fair to pay his part., so they asked for him to cover his costs. JMart paid and life went on. There was no forcing/shakedown.

Back
Top Bottom