Worst Wanny Move | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst Wanny Move

While I agree with you about Wanny being way too conservative, its still ironic that two of his biggest gaffes were:
1) Going for it on fourth down vs the Bills when we had the LEAD
2) Throwing on three consecutive plays when we had the lead late vs the Pats

b_hjelmeland123 said:
As much as I hated Wanny in Miami, He did hook us up with some very intense players late in the draft. Examples; Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Randy McMichael, Chris Chambers.........

Really??? hmmmmm.....I seem to remember that Jimmy drafted Zach and Taylor. Chambers was a second rounder so that's not exactly late in the draft!! And if all you can mention are Chambers and McMichael after what 5 years????? Then don't give the dude any credit that is BS...and it sticks....so get that **** out of here:fire:

the flop at the end of the 2002 season was to me one of the worst. The Texan defeat two home openers ago was also bad. To me, the most hated move was bringing in Thurman... I yelled for the D to knock him out in training camp, security told me to settle down and every time, EVERY time he had the ball I was rooting for someone to knock his a$s out! arrgggg!

cnc66 said:
the flop at the end of the 2002 season was to me one of the worst. The Texan defeat two home openers ago was also bad.
That is EXACTLY right. It was at that exact moment that it was painfully obvious that Dave would never lead the Dolphins to the Super Bowl.

theres' so many to choose from....
1-appointing Rick SPielman as GM
2-Switching from Marc Tressman as Offensive Coordinator to Joel the joke Collier after some of his staff complained...
3-Not switching the offensive or defensive game planning in 5 stinking years!!!
4-Drafting Eddie Moore??!
5-Saying "Standpoint" a million times
6-Sticking with Fiedler no matter what

when he put up that STUPID ACE lobster trap up in the locker room on the last game of the 2002 season @ Minnesota..a "trap" game. To me..everybody just laughed at the guy and lost all respect and trust for him...That's a HUGE reason why we lost and thus...didn't make the playoffs...

SQuinn17 said:
Sup guys/girls? Im chillin at work and was reading a bunch of old stuff about our team and i was wondering what everybody thought was the worst Dave Wannstedt move as head coach of the Dolphins? Personally, I think drafting Jamar Fletcher was about as big a mistake as Id ever seen. But then again, sticking with Jay for as long as he did was pretty crummy as well. What do you all think?
thats in the past man,talk about the future or do not talk at all,wanny is in the past

On game day he never seemed confident as if he was waiting for something terrible to happen ( which they did ) also he just didn't seem to communicate well with the player's..... i know their proffesionals (sp) but you gotta be able to motivate

oh yeah, He let Mark Royal be our punter for way too long, even after he got beat by a younger player fair and square (forget the kid's name though).

ChambersWI said:
oh yeah, He let Mark Royal be our punter for way too long, even after he got beat by a younger player fair and square (forget the kid's name though).
he was horrible

ih8brady said:
That was incredibly stupid! I mean, their our freaking rival! :mad:

Feeley for an extremely high second was stupid too. An unproven player like that is worth a 5th, maybe 4th round pick.

Hey! Hey! Hey! I dont wanna hear that. Look what Adam has done for the team. He led us to beat the Pats.....a feat no Mia QB has accomplished since Marino. And you cant judge feeley based upon last year. Wouldnt u make some mistakes when you had 4 guys around you as soon has u hike the ball.

BringBackShula said:
theres' so many to choose from....
1-appointing Rick SPielman as GM
2-Switching from Marc Tressman as Offensive Coordinator to Joel the joke Collier after some of his staff complained...
3-Not switching the offensive or defensive game planning in 5 stinking years!!!
4-Drafting Eddie Moore??!
5-Saying "Standpoint" a million times
6-Sticking with Fiedler no matter what

That about sums it up. There's prolly more though

Back
Top Bottom