Would anyone be willing to trade up for Burrow? Read this article! | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would anyone be willing to trade up for Burrow? Read this article!

Plot twist: Miami are trading to #1 to take Tua.

He always has been there guy and Ross has instructed the FO to get Tua no matter what.

No sitting @ 2/3 hoping nobody jumps us or takes him first.
No way...if you trading to #1 it’s Burrow....who just posted the greatest QB season in college history...National Champs, Heisman, beating 7 top ten teams including Bama In Tuscaloosa wit h Tua starting......

Burrow is the greatest QB in this draft!

People seem to forget that Wentz was having an MVP caliber year before he was injured.

True, however, what is the real value of Wentz to his team if his backup was able to come in and actually do equal or better with the same team. This is the point I was trying to make regarding giving up massive draft capital. Burrow might be worth it, perhaps even Tua was before the injury, but everything I keep finding/witnessing says trading up is like looking for gold and finding pyrite.

I was a fan-tween when the Dolphins moved up for Jackie Shipp and middle-aged when they did it again for Dion Jordan.....both results were hardly stellar. Obviously there will be exceptions, but one cannot build something based upon exceptions....in my opinion anyway.

Plot twist: Miami are trading to #1 to take Tua.

He always has been there guy and Ross has instructed the FO to get Tua no matter what.

No sitting @ 2/3 hoping nobody jumps us or takes him first.

Me: "Man...you're soo funny!"

Also Me:
Some idiots would actually think this is a good deal...and argue for it!!!

giphy (2).gif

Tua or Love with a later pick. I mean if Burrow were to fall to 5 I’d take him but that’s not happening and I’m not interested in trading up for him. Cost would be enormous

Tua with a later pick you say?

If Burrow were to fall to 5?

Ok....

I’d say the same thing if I wanted to drive up the price of the #1 pick.

I'm of the opinion there's a price for everthing. For the Bengals it would take a fortune for them to give up the #1 overall pick. We're talking all of Miami's THREE 1st round picks this season and BOTH of their 1st round next season.

So essentially FIVE 1st round picks to trade and move to the number 5 spot.

I'm of the opinion there's a price for everthing. For the Bengals it would take a fortune for them to give up the #1 overall pick. We're talking all of Miami's THREE 1st round picks this season and BOTH of their 1st round next season.

So essentially FIVE 1st round picks to trade and move to the number 5 spot.

I think it will cost a lot, but five first rounders is a non-starter. Mainly because they couldn’t even create a bidding war around those numbers, because no other team could come near that.

I think it realistically comes down to the Bengals assessment of QBs like Herbert and Tua (injury-wise). If the Bengals decide that Herbert or Tua are worthy and they can get one of them at #5, while collecting significant draft capital from the Dolphins, it’s a great deal for Cincy.

So, if they think the gap between Herbert/Tua is slim, you pick up 3 first round picks plus a second from the Dolphins, and you celebrate. You can’t hold out for five first rounders.

Just my opinion.

Love Burrow but no.

The only way I'm moving up is for #2 and not giving up #5 so we could get Young and a QB.

I would cry everyday if we drafted Young.
That dude has NFL bust future written all over him.

Back
Top Bottom