Would anyone be willing to trade up for Burrow? Read this article! | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would anyone be willing to trade up for Burrow? Read this article!

For comparison in 2016 the Rams traded..

1st Round(15)
2nd Round(43)
2nd Round(45)
3rd Round(76)
1st Round (2017)
3rd Round(2017)

to the Titans for

1st Round(1)
4th Round(113)
6th Round(177)

to get Goff.

I wonder how they feel about that at this point.

Was it worth it in their eyes?

I wonder how they feel about that at this point.

Was it worth it in their eyes?

Doubt it. It’s hard to justify sending that for a QB who takes a giant dump on the field for the super bowl.

they stuck now. He’s got a $150 mil contract or something

Like someone else here posted, it's basically a 50-50 crap shoot.

The real question to be answered is can we afford it, and I don't mean do we have the capital to do it, but do we have enough capital to do it without hamstringing our draft ability to address most of the weaknesses we currently have.

I don't believe we are a complete enough team yet to use up 5 or 6 draft picks for a QB while our offensive and defensive lines are still in such a shambles. Since the risk for spending big on a QB will cost the team a lot, in terms of how much those same picks would let us improve the basic level of play the current lines can produce, we should skip any trade ups at this time.

We need to keep in mind that our current QB situation isn't that bad. An older QB who produced with a weak supporting cast in the trenches and a younger QB that has had a year to develop. How much he has developed, no one on this board knows. The coaches do and I'm sure that will be part of the basis used for determining how much we will spend for a new QB and yes, I am positive we will draft a QB but doubt we will be trading up for one.

Folks don't like Fitz, that's too bad. He played well for us in spite of the rest of the teams performance which struggled but did show some development. Fans who disparage his performance last year have no sensible basis for their complaints.

You guys can have fitz. I’m done with it. The sooner the better.

I’m aware he played solid for the ask given the roster but it’s still not good enough. And the more you gonna find that out the more you put around him.

people seem to forget he hasn’t played anywhere close to that level since.

Again...people seem to forget that he was the odds on favorite to win the MVP that season. You talk about what he's done since as if Tua won't be plucking splinters out of his ass for a season, and then getting his ass handed to him because he's scared to get hit and injure his bionic hip again. Wentz injury history is all the more reason to avoid Tua and his hip made of fine china.

Wentz's MVP type season was in 2017. I would say he's more than close to that level:
www.PNG

Back
Top Bottom