Would be ecstatic with this first round | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would be ecstatic with this first round

Cam Newton is one of the most overrated QB's I've ever seen. He is a great athlete and is tough as hell, but he is a below average QB especially since he has lost some of his athleticism due to age and injuries.
overrated he has won lot games.. he went to SB. It just me if he available...

That's just a horrible mock for us. We'd be reaching in all 3 spots. Young is not even the type of guy this team wants to draft that high. Wirfs is decent but not at 8 and Matos might go in the 2nd round. Never mind the Tua talk......till we fix the QB position this team will continue to lose.

David Woodley went to a super bowl too....so what's your point?.......Marino only went to one super bowl so does that mean he sucked?

Is there a Rosen fan club after today?

Did something change today? Only for those who think every detail matters. Let's just say I'm not a fan of that type.

The anti-Rosen crowd is a lot more wired and unhinged than anyone who backed the Rosen move. As soon as anything points to Fitzpatrick they jump in and insist that's all you need to know, that the die is cast. That was true in practice June and it's feverish based on one quarter last Sunday. The same types who were saying nothing at all a few weeks ago when Fitzpatrick was replaced by Rosen -- and Preston Williams was dropping Rosen's perfect passes -- are now in near exaltation to proclaim certainty again. I even saw a normally sharp and even-keeled stats guy on another site gleefully point to the 4th quarter last week as ultimate proof. That was greatest evidence of all toward how this variable is viewed, because otherwise no chance that guy even contemplates a post like that, let alone goes through with it.

Rosen was awful last week. Borderline incompetent. Easily his worst performance. The game started out with both defenses suffocating everything. That happens sometimes. But once it logically settled into a normal game after about one quarter Keenum regained normalcy while Rosen was still ducking and pouting. It doesn't shock me because the situational nature of what he is feeling is easy to grasp. Rosen is not being treated unfairly. That is wildly overblown. But he's a sharp thoughtful young guy so undoubtedly he is weighing what is going on, instead of robotically marching out there without a care in the world, a la Ryan Tannehill or Ryan Fitzpatrick. Rosen's Cardinals weren't trying to lose. Now he looks around and realizes best players are being traded and long term fans -- like myself -- are desperate for losses. A scenario like that doesn't equate to peak effort or performance from guys who are still here and trying to win. I guarantee Rosen senses that as well, that these Dolphins are not trying as hard as last year's Cardinals. Most likely the practices and game preparation are not as intense. Obviously he can't say any of this right now. But when he's on a third different team in three years counting college then obviously comparisons are abundant. None of his long preparation toward pro football anticipated anything like this.

We'd be rank morons to think that Minkah Fitzpatrick wanted out as soon as possible but otherwise everything is lovely.

The stories of 2019 will surface much later and the anecdotal realities will be much lower and more shocking than anything we envision right now. This is not a normal team.

Josh Rosen is a heck of a lot better than he has shown, or that this scenario allows. That's what I'm saying. That's what the detail guys are guaranteed to miss. It doesn't matter how he compares to habituated Ryan Fitzpatrick circa October 2019. When Rosen is confident you get efforts like the end of the Texas A&M game. He's been highly rated throughout his life. If the Dolphins are astute they will wade through this and value Josh Rosen.

Cam Newton is one of the most overrated QB's I've ever seen. He is a great athlete and is tough as hell, but he is a below average QB especially since he has lost some of his athleticism due to age and injuries.
David Woodley went to a super bowl too....so what's your point?.......Marino only went to one super bowl so does that mean he sucked?
Cam ain't marino but he is good qb. He can get job done.. I dont think we going get him but I would like get him..just me u can say what u want.. we dont no what we getting in Tua.. except hope for future

Yeah I’m breaking some stuff if that’s how the first round goes. No qb and I’m not a fan of the penn state guy, especially if we also drafted young.

I continue to LMFAO at those that have Tua mocked in the latter half of the top 10 as if it's a real possibility. The blinders are pretty thick.

This has to be one of the dumbest mocks out there. They state that we would only take our gut and wouldn't accept a consolation prize at QB, and yet it has us passing on Tua twice and him going #10? I can only guess they're basing this purely on heir player ratings rather than other sources.

This has to be one of the dumbest mocks out there. They state that we would only take our gut and wouldn't accept a consolation prize at QB, and yet it has us passing on Tua twice and him going #10? I can only guess they're basing this purely on heir player ratings rather than other sources.

This would be the Browns trading back out of the pick that ended up being used on Watson.

Nah, we good...no need to draft Tua. We will pass on him twice for a DE and RT.

I still think Wirfs ends up inside at the next level, but that is a different conversation. Still a very odd mock. People love to jump on the flavor of the month and discard two years' worth of play from one player and pounce on 6 really good games. Not that Joe Burrow is not worth a top 10 pick...keep playing like he is and he definitely deserves to go in the top 10, but not over Tua.

1A Young
1B Wirfs
1C Gross-Matos

Let the onslaught of TDS begin
(Tua derangement syndrome)
I'm no Tua fan, but this draft sucks!

Draft a QB and o-linemen (not a RT if Tua isn't there)...sit them next season and play Rosen. Trade Rosen for whatever draft capital we can get for him and go into the next draft with almost the same ammo as this year. Play the QB we drafted in '21 (year three of this rebuild).

Actually a good point. Might take him at 8 but I'm thinking after workouts and pro days, I don't believe Tua will be #1. If you can get 2 fantastic edge rushers and Tua, I'm in.
You obviously long for the bad old days when we never made the playoffs....

Did something change today? Only for those who think every detail matters. Let's just say I'm not a fan of that type.

The anti-Rosen crowd is a lot more wired and unhinged than anyone who backed the Rosen move. As soon as anything points to Fitzpatrick they jump in and insist that's all you need to know, that the die is cast. That was true in practice June and it's feverish based on one quarter last Sunday. The same types who were saying nothing at all a few weeks ago when Fitzpatrick was replaced by Rosen -- and Preston Williams was dropping Rosen's perfect passes -- are now in near exaltation to proclaim certainty again. I even saw a normally sharp and even-keeled stats guy on another site gleefully point to the 4th quarter last week as ultimate proof. That was greatest evidence of all toward how this variable is viewed, because otherwise no chance that guy even contemplates a post like that, let alone goes through with it.

Rosen was awful last week. Borderline incompetent. Easily his worst performance. The game started out with both defenses suffocating everything. That happens sometimes. But once it logically settled into a normal game after about one quarter Keenum regained normalcy while Rosen was still ducking and pouting. It doesn't shock me because the situational nature of what he is feeling is easy to grasp. Rosen is not being treated unfairly. That is wildly overblown. But he's a sharp thoughtful young guy so undoubtedly he is weighing what is going on, instead of robotically marching out there without a care in the world, a la Ryan Tannehill or Ryan Fitzpatrick. Rosen's Cardinals weren't trying to lose. Now he looks around and realizes best players are being traded and long term fans -- like myself -- are desperate for losses. A scenario like that doesn't equate to peak effort or performance from guys who are still here and trying to win. I guarantee Rosen senses that as well, that these Dolphins are not trying as hard as last year's Cardinals. Most likely the practices and game preparation are not as intense. Obviously he can't say any of this right now. But when he's on a third different team in three years counting college then obviously comparisons are abundant. None of his long preparation toward pro football anticipated anything like this.

We'd be rank morons to think that Minkah Fitzpatrick wanted out as soon as possible but otherwise everything is lovely.

The stories of 2019 will surface much later and the anecdotal realities will be much lower and more shocking than anything we envision right now. This is not a normal team.

Josh Rosen is a heck of a lot better than he has shown, or that this scenario allows. That's what I'm saying. That's what the detail guys are guaranteed to miss. It doesn't matter how he compares to habituated Ryan Fitzpatrick circa October 2019. When Rosen is confident you get efforts like the end of the Texas A&M game. He's been highly rated throughout his life. If the Dolphins are astute they will wade through this and value Josh Rosen.

Its a shame we have to go back almost 2.5 years to the A&M game to find an outlier performance by him. By outlier i mean good performance.

Its a shame we have to go back almost 2.5 years to the A&M game to find an outlier performance by him. By outlier i mean good performance.

If you can't look good against a Kevin Sumlin defense you might as well get your loafers ready to start selling insurance.

Back
Top Bottom