Would be ecstatic with this first round | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would be ecstatic with this first round

Did something change today? Only for those who think every detail matters. Let's just say I'm not a fan of that type.

The anti-Rosen crowd is a lot more wired and unhinged than anyone who backed the Rosen move. As soon as anything points to Fitzpatrick they jump in and insist that's all you need to know, that the die is cast. That was true in practice June and it's feverish based on one quarter last Sunday. The same types who were saying nothing at all a few weeks ago when Fitzpatrick was replaced by Rosen -- and Preston Williams was dropping Rosen's perfect passes -- are now in near exaltation to proclaim certainty again. I even saw a normally sharp and even-keeled stats guy on another site gleefully point to the 4th quarter last week as ultimate proof. That was greatest evidence of all toward how this variable is viewed, because otherwise no chance that guy even contemplates a post like that, let alone goes through with it.

Rosen was awful last week. Borderline incompetent. Easily his worst performance. The game started out with both defenses suffocating everything. That happens sometimes. But once it logically settled into a normal game after about one quarter Keenum regained normalcy while Rosen was still ducking and pouting. It doesn't shock me because the situational nature of what he is feeling is easy to grasp. Rosen is not being treated unfairly. That is wildly overblown. But he's a sharp thoughtful young guy so undoubtedly he is weighing what is going on, instead of robotically marching out there without a care in the world, a la Ryan Tannehill or Ryan Fitzpatrick. Rosen's Cardinals weren't trying to lose. Now he looks around and realizes best players are being traded and long term fans -- like myself -- are desperate for losses. A scenario like that doesn't equate to peak effort or performance from guys who are still here and trying to win. I guarantee Rosen senses that as well, that these Dolphins are not trying as hard as last year's Cardinals. Most likely the practices and game preparation are not as intense. Obviously he can't say any of this right now. But when he's on a third different team in three years counting college then obviously comparisons are abundant. None of his long preparation toward pro football anticipated anything like this.

We'd be rank morons to think that Minkah Fitzpatrick wanted out as soon as possible but otherwise everything is lovely.

The stories of 2019 will surface much later and the anecdotal realities will be much lower and more shocking than anything we envision right now. This is not a normal team.

Josh Rosen is a heck of a lot better than he has shown, or that this scenario allows. That's what I'm saying. That's what the detail guys are guaranteed to miss. It doesn't matter how he compares to habituated Ryan Fitzpatrick circa October 2019. When Rosen is confident you get efforts like the end of the Texas A&M game. He's been highly rated throughout his life. If the Dolphins are astute they will wade through this and value Josh Rosen.

The great unknown in this is the communication (or lack thereof) between Flores and Rosen, and whatever assurances (or lack thereof)
have been given -- relative to the OBVIOUS -- Rosen is in a poor situation surrounded by developmental talent (at best).

I think it's hard to deny Rosen has flashed some significant NFL quality skills and at 22 has a lot of upside. So the potential is there
but the kid is absolutely not currently equipped to handle a "bad situation" and achieve "good results." I don't see how that
can be a shocker?

I certainly hope the staff is still working on developing his game step-by-step and that also means correcting some regressions
we've all seen. I noted a few weeks back Rosen's upside depends on when he hits the proverbial "wall" -- making additional
mastery of the position exceedingly difficult... Has that already happened?

I don't believe it's fair to make a definitive decision right NOW given the situation the kid is in.

It certainly isn't like the team is providing him with oodles of support!

I want a qb and I want o line top 2 picks.

Unfortunately I’m feeling like the o line value is not gonna be there come our 2nd 1st rounder.

I like wirfs as a guard but Id prefer better feet and foot speed period top 10 there. Kinda reminds me of the college tackle at Nebraska kid who kicked inside in the pros and was drafted by the saints in the 1st round. Had a nice career but not special. And he was probably a better foot athlete

The people that argued against trading a 2nd round pick for Josh Rosen, self included, were absolutely correct.

It was a bad idea, for many reasons, which have virtually ALL become manifest in exactly the manner we said they would.

Those that don't want to see it, can go on denying, and pretending that nobody could have seen the situation unfolding as clearly as some of us did. But that's naive.

We got to dip into this WR group in the first round. Or the 33rd pick.

We are awful on the los on both sides of the ball and it shows up every week.

can’t win many games when you get your ass handed to you at the los

that said we need true difference makers. regardless of what position.

The people that argued against trading a 2nd round pick for Josh Rosen, self included, were absolutely correct.

It was a bad idea, for many reasons, which have virtually ALL become manifest in exactly the manner we said they would.

Those that don't want to see it, can go on denying, and pretending that nobody could have seen the situation unfolding as clearly as some of us did. But that's naive.
I was vehemently against the Rosen move- made no sense to trade Rd2 for backup QB.
But ultimately may workout to our advantage.
I really believe an OL of McCoy, Tunsil, Davis with Fitzpatrick QB would’ve been somewhat competitive..
Minkah doesn’t bitch out..
Miami wins 3 games hence no Tua...
Only odd silver lining.

You obviously long for the bad old days when we never made the playoffs....
Oh yeah, you mean the last 20-30 years? Those bad "old" days?
Good teams win. Young is a generational DE.
Clueless

Oh yeah, you mean the last 20-30 years? Those bad "old" days?
Good teams win. Young is a generational DE.
Clueless
Young hasn't played an NFL down, yet he's generational?

Name a Super Bowl MVP that was a 'generational' DE. While you're at it, name a NFL MVP who was a generational talent DE.

You're the Jason Taylor over Dan Marino type.

Yeah...ok.

Young hasn't played an NFL down, yet he's generational?

Name a Super Bowl MVP that was a 'generational' DE. While you're at it, name a NFL MVP who was a generational talent DE.

You're the Jason Taylor over Dan Marino type.

Yeah...ok.
Take your Samoan idgit and live with his mediocre career playing for the worst managed team in league history.

Take your Samoan idgit and live with his mediocre career playing for the worst managed team in league history.
Instead of replying with factual information you bring up the mans ethnicity? The poster you replied to had a point. Your counterpoint was counterproductive. Sure Young could be a star DE in the league. But saying stuff like generational is a bit of an overreach. A DE wont turn a team around, a stellar QB can.

Instead of replying with factual information you bring up the mans ethnicity? The poster you replied to had a point. Your counterpoint was counterproductive. Sure Young could be a star DE in the league. But saying stuff like generational is a bit of an overreach. A DE wont turn a team around, a stellar QB can.

Yes a QB can, if he plays for Belichik and is surrounded by a great OL. Tua not that guy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom