Would beating the Broncos change your mind about Philbin? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would beating the Broncos change your mind about Philbin?

Or would you just write it off as a fluke and demand his head on a silver platter at the end of the year?

I want a playoff birth for me to keep a little faith in Philbin for at least the next year. But, beating Denver would be quite the feat. Your thoughts?

Can see us beating Denver but losing to the Jets the week after. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

I'm fine with Philbin...been fine with Philbin....and a win or a loss next week wont change that.

A playoff appearance validates Philbin for at least one more season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know, I could see it as a thing the dolphins do and win games you don't expect. But then later in the season miami loses to a team you expect fins to beat. Fins have beaten supposedly superior teams before only to get beat by a weaker team. I would feel pretty good, but be hesitant before I crown miami considering miami's past.

Yep. Thats so Dolphins. Beat Denver, lose to the Jets.

aaaand I have now just read that someone already posted this same sentiment. Disregard.

Playoffs.

I think everything depends on making the playoffs, if you beat Den and fizzle like after you beat NE last year that win becomes meaningless. it's all about the playoffs for this franchise and Philbin. There's no reason they shouldn't make it.

This. Exactly this.
I agree with the Jet fan for once.

We can't judge him just on that game alone. We'll see how they end up.

It would have nothing to do with Philbin. Lazor and Benton are making the difference...Philbin is along for the ride but keeps stepping on the ****ing brakes....

Nope. I already think Philbin is a good up and coming head coach and he'll stay for at least another two years after this season.

I'm not buying the playoff or bust talk. If we go 10-6 and miss out on the post-season due to a stout AFC, you're an idiot for wanting to replace a coach with ten wins. Plain and simple.

My mind is already changed about Philbin.....he deserves another contract after this yr unless the wheels fall of this team before the end of the season....I think he and Lazor compliment each other well, he is a true HC lets his coordinators coach and he facilitates and makes all the in game decisions.....with this team most of the star players are signed for long term except RT who we will lock up after the season with a 3 yr extension for good money, to fire him after the season to bring in a new philosophy would set us back....we are real close to be in the mix for playing in that championship game to see who gets to the super bowl.....last night was a big win, RT proved he could put a couple of good drives together when he didn't play lights out to help the defense when they needed it most....when they went up 9-3 that was huge for us to put a TD up on the board, gave the D some life and made Buffalo panic and our D went to work... game planning has been spot on all season form both coordinators and I give Joe credit for that

Last year...8-6 with a win to make the playoffs and Philbin chokes with 7 points in 2 games.

He is holding us back.

At least you aren't putting it all on Tannehill. That's a start.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

It would have nothing to do with Philbin. Lazor and Benton are making the difference...Philbin is along for the ride but keeps stepping on the ****ing brakes....

What coach actually wins games then? Would you say John Fox didn't deserve any credit if Denver won last year? What about Mike McCarthy? Isn't he just successful b/c of Aaron Rodgers?

Here's what will change my mind about Philbin:

If the Dolphins continue playing with the kind of heart and passion they are displaying right now, and don't lay any eggs.

That's been my single biggest complaint with Philbin, the games where the team just comes out flat, listless, and unprepared. We're not seeing that in this current stretch of play. The team keeps this up, and I'll absolutely have to credit the coach and change my tune.

Back
Top Bottom