Would beating the Broncos change your mind about Philbin? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would beating the Broncos change your mind about Philbin?

Like the round 1 fluke against the Pats.

Philbin is safe for at least another season. Playoffs this year or not.

No.

And Philbin isn't going anywhere. Open vCash bet on that for anybody that wants it.

Nope. I already think Philbin is a good up and coming head coach and he'll stay for at least another two years after this season.

I'm not buying the playoff or bust talk. If we go 10-6 and miss out on the post-season due to a stout AFC, you're an idiot for wanting to replace a coach with ten wins. Plain and simple.

I agree that it would be hard to argue for firing him at 10-6, but then again, some of those key losses came from poor coaching against other playoff contenders, one of which was riddled with injuries when we played them.

I'm fine with Philbin...been fine with Philbin....and a win or a loss next week wont change that.

Pretty much the same feeling here. We need continuity, and as much of bonehead coach he may seem at times, the guy has been pushing us in the right direction since he arrived.

We are playing well, and if not for last second losses to two of the NFL's best teams, we'd be in first place. We have our best team since 2008 at least, and probably since much earlier than that. It's not possible for armchair observers like us to fully evaluate a coach's role in a team's success, but if we are having success we should support the coach. Barring a late season collapse like last year, Philbin should be back, whether we make the playoffs or not.

We are playing well, and if not for last second losses to two of the NFL's best teams, we'd be in first place. We have our best team since 2008 at least, and probably since much earlier than that. It's not possible for armchair observers like us to fully evaluate a coach's role in a team's success, but if we are having success we should support the coach. Barring a late season collapse like last year, Philbin should be back, whether we make the playoffs or not.

:rolleyes2:

If we go 8-8 or 9-7, I would still support Philbin - continuity would be good because we finally have a GM that is arming Philbin's roster with quality depth; and also 1st year with Lazor's system. Tannehill and the offense is progressing with it, and Coyle is doing a superb job with the defense.

Phones acting up I meant to thanks

I agree that it would be hard to argue for firing him at 10-6, but then again, some of those key losses came from poor coaching against other playoff contenders, one of which was riddled with injuries when we played them.

With the exception of Buffalo now that we beat them last night, our losses have only come against playoff caliber teams and we've beat a few as well.

With the exception of Buffalo now that we beat them last night, our losses have only come against playoff caliber teams and we've beat a few as well.

Great, we beat the teams that we are supposed to beat for once. I'm not going to hand out any cookies for that. San Diego was a huge win and if he can pull out wins against good teams like that the rest of the year, we should be in the playoffs. If he can't, well, see ya (hopefully, but with Ross, you never know). This team is more than talented enough to get into the playoffs. No excuses.

At what moment did we become a team "loaded with talent?" I don't recall anybody pushing that narrative before the season.

At what moment did we become a team "loaded with talent?" I don't recall anybody pushing that narrative before the season.

So, we have a top 5 defense and are averaging 25 points per game with minimal talent? Please. While we certainly have room for improvement in several areas, we have more than enough to earn a playoff spot with a competent coach.

Back
Top Bottom