Would Jason Garrett make senses as the OC. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Jason Garrett make senses as the OC.

Should Miami consider upgrading the OC job by adding Jason Garrett in the offseason. You get a coach with experience and a degree of success. You also get a coach with head coaching experience so if you need move on from Flores at some point you have a guy in building that knows how to be an NFL head coach and you're not just getting back to another on the job training situation. You could argue how good or how bad Garrett is as an OC or head coach, but at least he has experience and would be an upgrade over where we are right now.
Would he be an upgrade...yes.
Would he the the answer....no.

Worst all it seems Flores is the biggest problem with the offense as he CLEARLY know little about offensive football yet overpowers his offensive staff. Competent staff resigns which leaves us with "yes" men on the offensive side of the ball. Garret unfortunately is a "yes" man, thus he would not be able to change the main problem. That problem is we need someone to tell Flores to SHUT THE **** UP.

Should Miami consider upgrading the OC job by adding Jason Garrett in the offseason. You get a coach with experience and a degree of success. You also get a coach with head coaching experience so if you need move on from Flores at some point you have a guy in building that knows how to be an NFL head coach and you're not just getting back to another on the job training situation. You could argue how good or how bad Garrett is as an OC or head coach, but at least he has experience and would be an upgrade over where we are right now.
I don’t consider him as an upgrade. He is no better than the 2 headed OC’s the Dolphins have now. He did absolutely nothing to make the Giants better offensively and he only lasted as long as he did as the Cowboys HC because he did exactly what Jones told him to do.

Experience means nothing if you just aren’t good at your job and Garrett isn’t good at being an OC or a HC.

Jason Garrett got more TD receptions out of his LT than he did his 1st round WR and his high priced FA WR combined. No thank you.

Definitely not. He looks lost after spending so many years as Jerry’s HC in name and now having to coach an offense.

Im curious to let Godsey and Charlie continue the experiment. Play design and calling has gotten better. We need the OL and running game to pick up so more downfield pas plays can develop.

Last edited:
I'd much rather they fire the dead weight in front of him and promote Charlie Frye - just about the only guy on this entire coaching staff that believes in Tua Tagovailoa. He wants to run the Alabama offense (a "Crimson Fin", if you will) and no one else in this group has the stones or the imagination to do it.

Do that and hire an actual, real-life offensive line coach and you might actually be able to salvage this organization.

I'll tell you what. As someone who lives in NJ and listens to NY sports radio --- I've never heard such vitriol for an OC as I have for 26 games of Jason Garrett on the Giants. It was universal hatred it seems every single day from callers and different hosts.
I mean they do have a clueless moron in Dave Gettleman as GM, a bad QB and a disastrous 1st round pick at RB.
Doesn't matter though --- Garrett was the daily object of all the hate.

So not that it means anything, but that's what Giants fans seemed to think of him. At least the crazy ones who wait on hold an hour to talk on local sports radio. FWIW.

I'll tell you what. As someone who lives in NJ and listens to NY sports radio --- I've never heard such vitriol for an OC as I have for 26 games of Jason Garrett on the Giants. It was universal hatred it seems every single day from callers and different hosts.
I mean they do have a clueless moron in Dave Gettleman as GM, a bad QB and a disastrous 1st round pick at RB.
Doesn't matter though --- Garrett was the daily object of all the hate.

So not that it means anything, but that's what Giants fans seemed to think of him. At least the crazy ones who wait on hold an hour to talk on local sports radio. FWIW.
Yep! Sports radio killing him after every Giants game. No thanks

Giants main problem is qb.. second problem is they hire a coach off BB staff. Third they dont do good as HC...4th jason Garrett should of took break from football.

Yep! Sports radio killing him after every Giants game. No thanks
I feel like Jason Garrett would do himself a solid by taking a year off and then putting himself out there for a head coaching job at college. Guy is smart obviously, a Princeton grad. And he seems pretty well liked by former players. Lots of Cowboys players came out yesterday singing his praises I saw. I think he'd make a good college head coach personally.

he sucks...Jerry took the playcalling away from him in Dallas even.

Orlovsky showed 3 receivers clustered together and well covered middle of the field where Jones had noone to throw to.

Thanks but no thanks!@

However, if rumors are true that Matt Nagy will be fired this weekend, I would be open to bringing him in.. not for what he's accomplished recently but rather his body of work with the Chiefs, and Mitch Trubisky's Bears 12-4 first year

Cat No GIF
No Way Smh GIF by Desus & Mero
nope GIF
No Way Reaction GIF

Not a fan personally.. question how come he didn’t run hurry up or even speed things up against Tampa? They were down multiple scores and play clock was getting to like 3 seconds.

I will say this though if Flo is still here and he makes yet another OC. Its going to be someone like that or what Dallas did- a flyer on a name because I doubt anyone really good and established would come here.
That's what hurts the most, no one seems to want, to coach in Miami and work with Flores.

he sucks...Jerry took the playcalling away from him in Dallas even.

Orlovsky showed 3 receivers clustered together and well covered middle of the field where Jones had noone to throw to.

Thanks but no thanks!@

However, if rumors are true that Matt Nagy will be fired this weekend, I would be open to bringing him in.. not for what he's accomplished recently but rather his body of work with the Chiefs, and Mitch Trubisky's Bears 12-4 first year
I like Nagy, but will he come to Miami to coach under Flores?

Back
Top Bottom