Would The Dolphins Move Up To #2 For Baker Mayfield? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would The Dolphins Move Up To #2 For Baker Mayfield?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
God, I hope not.

gettyimages-9003608241-e1524429271912.jpg

Getty Images

It’s been nearly a month since PFT explained that the league insiders suspect that the Jets will be taking quarterback Baker Mayfield with the third overall pick in the draft. With the selection process only four days away, the lingering belief that the Jets will make a beeline for Mayfield raises a separate question: Will the Bills or the Dolphins make a move to No. 2 with the Giants in order to grab him first?
The Bills have been trying in recent weeks to push back against the widespread belief that the Bills are destined to move into the top five to pick a quarterback, possibly because they realize that making that move will require major draft capital. Once the Giants are on the clock, however, it will be time for the Bills and Giants to move toward their bottom-line positions, and either a deal will happen or it won’t. (Duh.)
The Dolphins become a factor in those discussions as well, if the mutual interest between Mayfield and Miami prompts an effort to make a move for the 2017 Heisman winner.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/22/will-bills-or-dolphins-jump-jets-for-mayfield/

I’m guessing a 1 and 2 this year and a 1 next year? That’s tough to swallow but you might get a few picks for Tanny next year to make up for the lost picks. We’d also gave significantly more cap room next year once Tanny is traded.

The only way we make this move is if tannehill is permanently damaged from his injury and no one else knows about it. I doubt this move happens but who the hell knows.. Draft can't get here soon enough

You’d have to be awfully convinced that he is a rare franchise quarterback that you would say can’t miss. Not sure I am hearing that kind of buzz around him, although he is very talented and is a pretty exciting prospect. Most have him being behind Darnold, Rosen and Allen and it would be hard to imagine everybody collectively smoke screening their infatuation with Mayfield. He could be another Drew Brees, which would make him worthy of a trade up for just about any team. Or he could be toxic. If any team moves up for him, I’m guessing the experts see something beyond the youtube highlight videos we are all watching.

Tannehill is the starting QB like it or not, we are not moving anywhere except down.

No.

A 4th round QB to compete for backup. If Tannehill has a "break out" year or plays like 2016 then we keep drafting a QB that can provide competition for starting time. If Tannehill is injured or fails this year then he will compete with our new QB we draft next year.

No, we don't have the ammo to move up to #2.
Actually, #5 or #6 is about the highest we could go.

(as Grier and company said, they could move up.
It's just they don't have the ammo to go up to the #2 that you mentioned)

Would Ryan Tannehill be the NFL's best #2 QB?

Back
Top Bottom