Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB

Okay, one fact you've got there - we've been a losing team.

team.

TEAM...

So you've presented A fact, yet everything else you post is opinion. Your opinion has no more merit than anyone else's, sorry to burst your illogical bubble. Take a step back and look at this whole team, you still come away with Tannehill has been the problem... lol ok. But then again weren't you the guy who said we've been putting him in a position to succeed his whole career pretty much?

Lol

Lol

Lol

Lol

:lol:

Well the team has tried to help him by signing the big FA that everyone wanted, Albert and wallace, who were pro bowlers prior to coming to MIA. So how many more FAs and draft picks do we acquire to help Tannehill and stop blaming them for Tannehills failures? When does that stop? Will the O line ever be good enough for Tannehill? Or will there always be a blame for why we are 8-8. Hey Dallas has a great O line, why couldn't Weeden or Cassel play at a pro bowl level? They are who they are, with or without a great O line, just like Tannehill.

I've been saying on here for months that Miami needs to draft QB Brandon Doughty of WKU in the mid-rounds. He's a Miami native and grew up a Marino fan.

I've seen him play his entire college career and he's going to make someone a a very good qb one day. Let him back-up and challenge Tannehill....

Well the team has tried to help him by signing the big FA that everyone wanted, Albert and wallace, who were pro bowlers prior to coming to MIA. So how many more FAs and draft picks do we acquire to help Tannehill and stop blaming them for Tannehills failures? When does that stop? Will the O line ever be good enough for Tannehill? Or will there always be a blame for why we are 8-8. Hey Dallas has a great O line, why couldn't Weeden or Cassel play at a pro bowl level? They are who they are, with or without a great O line, just like Tannehill.

Oh just stop lol. Okay Martin was 2nd round pick, Thomas was a third, Turner was a third. Douglas a 4th. In addition to pouncey / james / albert being high picks

But if they still suck, it does no good. As we saw. And yes the line could be good enough, but sorry 32 to 31 isn't good. It's god awful. What other excuses do you have for the OL? Do tell.

Just because a guy is the "top free agent" that doesn't just fix things and put players in a position to win. You sound clueless man.

The thing is, you don't know either. The only thing I am basing my opinions is all we have in front of us, the last 4 seasons we've seen him play. Ive seen Tannehill crumble too many times when we needed him to step up and he has failed miserably. Yes the O-line sucks but to be honest I think Tannehill has been sacked too many times now that he will never get better, it reminds me some much of David Carr in Houston. Both are talented but I really do believe that taking those sacks and hits has a psychological effect and Im not sure if Tannehill will ever be that guy to win us the big games, be the type of QB you need to win a super bowl.

you mentioned guys like Dalton, well at least Dalton has been to the playoffs and actually Dalton has more 4th quarter comeback wins by 4 seasons than Tannehill does. Cousins and Thyroid Taylor haven't been starters long enough but they too had more 4th quarter come back wins this season. Im just tired of the excuses, if its not the O-line, its the coaches and play calling.

Everyone just answer me this, if Tannehill continues to play at this same level and we win 7 -8 games next year are you guys willing to move on then? Yes he is the best QB we've had since Marino, but that's not saying much. He just isn't good enough to win a super bowl. I think he's a Kyle Orton/Fitzpatrick/ Matt Schaub career type QB. And I do not believe that Gase is 100% sold on Tannehill, he said in his press conference that he has only seen him play once lol its not like he has studied him on tape and has decided that he is sold on Tannehill.

I've never said I know. That's kinda the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope we take a quarterback. Make it more than one. I'm bored by Tannehill and all the adjustments.

Sure the later rounds are low percentage. Tannehill has always been the definition of low percentage. Not zero percentage but less than the fans want to believe or tape guys want to believe or Gase wants to believe.

There was discussion of Joe Theismann in this thread, and how long it took him to develop into a star NFL quarterback. Meanwhile, Theismann was a star player and famous collegian at Notre Dame, to the point he changed the pronunciation of his last name to rhyme with Heisman. Originally it was pronounced Theeseman.

I remember those Notre Dame teams from my youth. Theismann was a downfield terror, averaging nearly 9 YPA.

If Tannehill had that type of greatness in his background then he wouldn't be such a longshot and I wouldn't be as bored.

When Usain Bolt slowed down and hotdogged in the final strides of the 2008 Olympic 100 meter final, the assertions of how much time he surrendered were asinine. And that type of flawed alteration applies everywhere, including impact of offensive line or receiving corps or whatever.

Dr. Phin made some excellent points, per usual. If we had continued to draft quarterbacks frequently for the past decade or more I'm convinced we'd be in far better shape than we are, whether Tannehill was among the group or not. And I'd absolutely take a flyer on Johnny Manziel if he becomes available cheap. I was wrong about him cleaning up his act entering the NFL. Brutally wrong. But let's have some competition out there. Not theoretical or adjustable but actual competition. Put the two guys from the same college program on the same roster and let's see it unfold. I know one thing, Manziel wouldn't back down. That type of behind the scenes tension and awkwardness is just the type of thing to force one if not both to new prideful heights. So I'm sure we'll be too scared to investigate. After all, we can continue to wait, and watch Ryan Tannehill on those exciting Dolphin 5th Quarter shows describing that he's got to get better.

I hope we take a quarterback. Make it more than one. I'm bored by Tannehill and all the adjustments.

Sure the later rounds are low percentage. Tannehill has always been the definition of low percentage. Not zero percentage but less than the fans want to believe or tape guys want to believe or Gase wants to believe.

There was discussion of Joe Theismann in this thread, and how long it took him to develop into a star NFL quarterback. Meanwhile, Theismann was a star player and famous collegian at Notre Dame, to the point he changed the pronunciation of his last name to rhyme with Heisman. Originally it was pronounced Theeseman.

I remember those Notre Dame teams from my youth. Theismann was a downfield terror, averaging nearly 9 YPA.

If Tannehill had that type of greatness in his background then he wouldn't be such a longshot and I wouldn't be as bored.

When Usain Bolt slowed down and hotdogged in the final strides of the 2008 Olympic 100 meter final, the assertions of how much time he surrendered were asinine. And that type of flawed alteration applies everywhere, including impact of offensive line or receiving corps or whatever.

Dr. Phin made some excellent points, per usual. If we had continued to draft quarterbacks frequently for the past decade or more I'm convinced we'd be in far better shape than we are, whether Tannehill was among the group or not. And I'd absolutely take a flyer on Johnny Manziel if he becomes available cheap. I was wrong about him cleaning up his act entering the NFL. Brutally wrong. But let's have some competition out there. Not theoretical or adjustable but actual competition. Put the two guys from the same college program on the same roster and let's see it unfold. I know one thing, Manziel wouldn't back down. That type of behind the scenes tension and awkwardness is just the type of thing to force one if not both to new prideful heights. So I'm sure we'll be too scared to investigate. After all, we can continue to wait, and watch Ryan Tannehill on those exciting Dolphin 5th Quarter shows describing that he's got to get better.

Sweet. Follow a illogical strategy to find success. Good advice.

Still waiting for the evidence that it is more likely that a team finds QBs this way rather that what I suggest.

This has nothing to do with Balls. If management thinks any available QB is better than the current QB they have to draft that player. I don't see how this is debatable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put the two guys from the same college program on the same roster and let's see it unfold. I know one thing, Manziel wouldn't back down. That type of behind the scenes tension and awkwardness is just the type of thing to force one if not both to new prideful heights. So I'm sure we'll be too scared to investigate. After all, we can continue to wait, and watch Ryan Tannehill on those exciting Dolphin 5th Quarter shows describing that he's got to get better.

You are right, if there is a bar stool and a pitcher of beer, Manziel will never back down. He is exactly what this team needs. High character guy who brings leadership and will help get rid of that drama in the locker room.

He has the charisma of another great champion, Ric Flair. Tannehill will never have the magnetism and allure of 16 time world champion Flair. Flair was no stranger to wining big matches when it mattered in his early years. In 1974 Flair was in his junior year in the AWA and was able to defeat Wahoo McDaniel (another trained warrior from the Don Shula tree) which would catapult him into the NWA. He quickly grabbed the singles title upon his emergence there. Flair reached elite status rather quickly when he began referring to himself as "The Nature Boy" in order to incite a 1978 feud with the original "Nature Boy", Buddy Rogers. Flair was also rumored to have a limo that was a mile long. There are no adjustments needed with guys like Flair and Manziel. Straight to the top.

vqkrzaayoegpba4nelil.jpg

Oh just stop lol. Okay Martin was 2nd round pick, Thomas was a third, Turner was a third. Douglas a 4th. In addition to pouncey / james / albert being high picks

But if they still suck, it does no good. As we saw. And yes the line could be good enough, but sorry 32 to 31 isn't good. It's god awful. What other excuses do you have for the OL? Do tell.

Just because a guy is the "top free agent" that doesn't just fix things and put players in a position to win. You sound clueless man.

Do tell why you think a better O line is going to make Tannehill better? If that was true then why did Cassell and Weeden suck so bad behind that Dallas O line? Riddle me that!

Do tell why you think a better O line is going to make Tannehill better? If that was true then why did Cassell and Weeden suck so bad behind that Dallas O line? Riddle me that!

We have seen him make more plays than a Cassell or a Weeden when he has some time, that's why.

So you're good with the way Fox and Thomas played this year? Not asking for pro bowl level how about just average play?

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it you've spoken to everybody in the league?

I can prove you wrong. Here is one of the comments on Tannehill from the ranking:

Here are some quotes about Flacco:

And Manning

So there are NFL personnel directors that directly refute your assumption that not one person in the league thinks Tannehill is any where near as good as two SB winners.

The idea the everybody in the league shares your opinion is (a) ludicrous for you to suggest and (b) wrong.

awseome, anonymous quotes w/o even a link. I'm sold!

Ryan Tannehill is not thought of highly around the league, when Miami dumps him there will be coaches that pick him up thinking they can turjn him around b/c he has all the physical gifts you'd want in a QB but he is not thought of highly. even folks like Gil Brandt who was once high on him have soured.

Nonsense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

He has played pretty well.

he hasn't played in many but if it's nonsense show us all his big game success?

Just a random questions here- of the games Tannehill has fought and brought us back and in position to win, how many times has the defense **** the bed? I know there are a fair amount but GB and Denver last year come right to mind. Can anyone else find examples?

and to the haters- I realize there aren't going back to be a TON of examples. But it just goes to show how "the facts" show he never wins in the 4th quarter. When infact he has put us into that position in the past. Obviously not all 16 games in a season will apply for that criteria - but he HAS led comebacks. The other team just ends up scoring on us. So this mantra of "he never does this, he never does that" is entirely bogus. FinFaninBuff has got to be tired of presenting evidence disputing those bogus claims

everyone always brings up GB and Det 2 years ago and the O was more responsible than the D even though both were responsible. heyou guys act like he routinely puts you guys in position to win then the D blows it, nothing could be further from the truth.

NFL teams do not find starting QBs in the later rounds very often. Sorry, but those are just the facts. If your strategy is the right way to find a starter, why do so few teams do it?

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

#AllAboutTheQB

look at the AFC East this year, ranking them based on play this year:
1. Brady 6th rd
2. Fitz 7th rd
3. Taylor 6th rd
4. Tannehill 1st rd

I'm not saying that's how you do it but it's interesting how that played out in our division this year.

You don't move on from players with high potential after 4 damn years.

Got better every year, correcting issues also each season? Dismissed. Those things don't matter. Major criticism last year was the deep ball, looking hell of a lot better now. People say he isn't accurate also, which is about the biggest damn joke you could say. Okay maybe he could improve his pocket presence a bit- but the haters claim the line isn't an issue in that department. "when he has time he still doesn't do anything good" .... Utter bull****. Okay so I guess we're left with his "unclutchness" which okay... You got us there, he could be more clutch but don't let any of the other crippling factors that were with the WHOLE TEAM play any part in that.

Sorry I may have gotten a little off track on that rant but whatever

I think if a team thinks a QB has potential you hold on to him as long as possible, w/ that said Ryan is running out of chances and his deal is structured so that he will be released after this season(I believe) if doesn't finally become a good QB.

I think if Miami has a QB they like on the board in the first few rds they'd be stupid not to take a QB. even if they like Ryan they would have to take that QB.

Because they're Brandon Weeden and Matt Cassell. Why is Aaron Rodgers with a bad offensive line worse than with a good one?

Because they're Brandon Weeden and Matt Cassell. Why is Aaron Rodgers with a bad offensive line worse than with a good one?

the same Aaron Rodgers who was an OT away from playing in another title game?

Cassell has won a div title and led a team to the playoffs, Weeden even won a big game for Hou late in the year. that's something certain other QBs have never been able to do.

the same Aaron Rodgers who was an OT away from playing in another title game?

Cassell has won a div title and led a team to the playoffs, Weeden even won a big game for Hou late in the year. that's something certain other QBs have never been able to do.

So why is you think Cassell played better in NE?

Back
Top Bottom