Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB

No QBs seem that great this year in the draft to reach for one. See what Tannheill has this year. I think if Tannehill fails this year it will be ugly and maybe we will have a shot D Watson

can the QB play corner? Middle linebacker? Safety? Left guard? the corner on the other side?

No? Then I hope they have the brains not to even consider it.

This team's complacency at qb started after Marino. BB got it right, throwing a 7th at Brady when he had Bledsoe. It is the absolute right thing to do to protect your franchise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This team's complacency at qb started after Marino. BB got it right, throwing a 7th at Brady when he had Bledsoe. It is the absolute right thing to do to protect your franchise

throwing a sixth round pick at QB is one thing, spending a first round pick is quite different.

I say we use our first 3 round picks on QB's...and as our line continues to get them knocked out of games, we have a youngster ready to go...next man up and all that.

Im okay with a 6th or 7th round qb however would be pissed with anyone in the 5th or lower unless it was some super steal that our coaching staff loves. We need a ton of help so 1-5 needs to be used to draft starters and guys that can contribute.

Its not a ridiculous idea to take a QB mid round when you have a QB that is struggling in key areas like leadership, situational awareness and clutch play. Ted Thompson had Favre and drafted Rogers. Belichik has Brady and spent a second round pick on Garafollo. Save the argument about tail end of careers because in the big picture, it's no different than Tannehill going into his 5th year and if he fails, needing to look elsewhere.

Though I wouldn't spend a first round pick, if they engineered a trade out of that pick and used the extra pick on a QB in the second or third it's a decision I would support. If the QB they are looking at isn't available than you're all in with Tannehill and hope for the best. Regardless, Moore is an FA and they need to sign/draft a QB at some point this off season.

Drafting the very best player available should also include the possibility of QB. While it is extremely unlikely and our needs at CB, LB and O-line are significant, the top QBs in the Draft should be very thoroughly evaluated, because QB talent is so hard to find.

Its not a ridiculous idea to take a QB mid round when you have a QB that is struggling in key areas like leadership, situational awareness and clutch play. Ted Thompson had Favre and drafted Rogers. Belichik has Brady and spent a second round pick on Garafollo. Save the argument about tail end of careers because in the big picture, it's no different than Tannehill going into his 5th year and if he fails, needing to look elsewhere.

Though I wouldn't spend a first round pick, if they engineered a trade out of that pick and used the extra pick on a QB in the second or third it's a decision I would support. If the QB they are looking at isn't available than you're all in with Tannehill and hope for the best. Regardless, Moore is an FA and they need to sign/draft a QB at some point this off season.

A QB late in his career is no different? Please.... It's completely different. Also, you are comparing teams that weren't as hole riddled as the Dolphins. Finally, in the Pats case, that was during a stretch of years where them seemed to have extra picks early in the draft every year.

The Cowboys got Romo as an undrafted FA. I suggest taking that route.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't speak for Adam Gase. If he goes to the front office and wants a QB because he feels Ryan Tannehill will never be a QB that takes this team to higher levels . . . . and he likes a guy that requires a first/second round pick . . . . roll the dice . . . this team, for me at least, is more about setting Gase up for success rather than proving a point with Ryan Tannehill.

That said, I don't think this is the year. Ryan has shown some inconsistency but some flashes of brilliance as well. I think Gase should definitely have a year with him and if it doesn't work, by all means, dip your hat into the 2017 draft and grab "your guy".

That said, I have no issues getting a day 3 guy or a UDFA. Should of happened once Philbin's pet project Devlin was given up on.

I sure hope we don't waste a chance with a top 8 prospect on a qb from this years draft class. If we're going qb please go mid rounds.

As it stands right now, it would be a waste to bring in a young QB into the mess we currently have on the roster. For this offseason I would continue to build the roster, fix the D, add some quality lineman and after that, if you feel the thing holding you back in the QB, then you go and get one. The list of issues on the team in long and the QB is pretty far down on that list.

With that said, I have no issue with taking a mid round flyer on a QB...

Cardale Jones, Kevin Hogan, Brandon Dougherty, Nate Sudfield, Cody Kessler are all guys I would consider...these don;t need to be saviors, but it would be great to have someone in house who isn't already settled into the fact that he is just the backup...need someone hungry to push Tannehill.

This franchise has sunk so low that many are now aspiring to be the Cleveland Browns..... how F'n sad.....

QB 2014 1 22 22 Johnny Manziel Texas A&M
2012 1 22 22 Brandon Weeden Oklahoma State
2010 3 21 85 Colt McCoy Texas
2007 1 22 22 Brady Quinn Notre Dame
2005 3 3 67 Charlie Frye Akron
2004 4 10 106 Luke McCown Louisiana Tech
2000 6 17 183 Spergon Wynn Southwest Texas State
1999 1 1 1 Tim Couch Kentucky

Draft another one Cleveland!!

Back
Top Bottom