Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB

Did you read the entire article? Mando is absolutely right that drafting a CB or LB or pass rusher in round one isn't going to turn us into a playoff team. Plus you make it sound as if we take a QB with ONE pick we miss out on multiple picks or something, its just one pick for goodness sake! It's not like we're saying draft a QB in every round, Geez

what qb in this draft makes us a playoff team? especially with an unspeakably bad d

what qb in this draft makes us a playoff team? especially with an unspeakably bad d

None and lets see we arent getting Goff and 8 is by most accounts way to high for Lynch so...cant see them taking anyone in round 2 or 3 either.

BB got it right, throwing a 7th at Brady when he had Bledsoe. It is the absolute right thing to do to protect your franchise
Are you the guy from those hotels.com ads by any chance?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Mando is on the money here...I equate our situation to San Diego when they still had Brees, who hadn't proven himself yet... And they drafted Rivers.

It all comes down to how Gase feels about Tannehill really.

I believe in the theory that until you know you have that QB...if get a shot at one you really like...you take him.

I haven't seen much on Paxton Lynch yet so I don't have any conviction on him. It seems some got down on him after his bowl performance...but I'm guessing Memphis was a little bit overmatched against Auburn.

If by balls , you mean are stupid enough . Yes , I beleive Einstein was a Dolphins fan hence his quote . ( stupidity )

If they do so , it'll be a mistake . This team has way to many holes . We need a good middle linebacker and a good corner before all else .

If it was up to me , I'd take a corner and linebacker in be first two rounds and sign a guard in free agency .

That being said , what we do with guys like Vernon , Wake , Miller, Cameron ... Will determine our draft

I've seen worse from Mando...but here's the problem with his thinking:

Continually drafting a QB while ignoring the parts around the QB leads to failure. This is why, unless the Dolphins win a considerable amount of games next year, the "Tannehill argument" will never be resolved.

Viewpoint A: "Tannehill has been surrounded by incompetence his entire pro career, and calling him a failure is making him a scapegoat for the ret of the team's problems."
Viewpoint B: "Tannehill as been in a variety of systems and has been proven as incapable of overcoming adversity. He doesn't have "it.""

Round and round it'll go, and where it'll stop, nobody knows. What Armando is suggesting is going to result in the same thing all over again. You cannot simply draft a QB if he's the best available player every year. To look at the Browns analogy, what if they had drafted Matt Kalil an David DeCastro instead of Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden? What if they'd drafted Kelvin Benjamin instead of Johnny Arena Football? You think they'd be better as a team than they are now after taking all those chances on QBs early? I sure as hell do.

Oh...by the way, they could have done all of that and STILL nabbed Kirk Cousins.

Point being, you can still find a QB without doing what Mando said. Drafting one in the first or second this year would simply be going down the Browns path, and setting the QB and franchise up for failure....again.

Now, all of that being said...if Christian Hackenberg is somehow there in the fourth...well...we're having an entirely different conversation.

You make it sound as if the QBs the Browns have drafted would have panned out better with a better supporting cast. Because Weeden looked amazing with that cowboys O-line and Brady Quinn also had a killer career after he left the Browns. The Browns have just sucked and had bad luck with QBs. The Jags missed on Gabbert but corrected it by drafting Bortles, now that offense is taking off. Vikings missed with Ponder now then they drafted Bridgewater and made it to the playoffs. So yeah teams miss on QBs sometimes but you gotta pick your QB if you think he's better or will better than your current starter.

No superstar QB's in this draft. Need to be taking a corner, LB or DE (if we lose Vernon) with top pick. Preferably a CB.

Combination of too many holes on team and no QB with elite potential makes picking a QB early moronic. I would consider drafting someone like Kevin Hogan in the 4th round if hes available. We need a young developmental QB who can also supplant Moore as the backup next year.

You make it sound as if the QBs the Browns have drafted would have panned out better with a better supporting cast. Because Weeden looked amazing with that cowboys O-line and Brady Quinn also had a killer career after he left the Browns. The Browns have just sucked and had bad luck with QBs. The Jags missed on Gabbert but corrected it by drafting Bortles, now that offense is taking off. Vikings missed with Ponder now then they drafted Bridgewater and made it to the playoffs. So yeah teams miss on QBs sometimes but you gotta pick your QB if you think he's better or will better than your current starter.

Whoah. First..you're suggesting the Vikings made the playoffs this year because of Bridgewater?

Second..you're actually making my point for me. I'm stating they should have drafted at least SOME supporting cast members INSTEAD of the first round QBs.

If anything, the best two QB they drafted off that list were McCown and McCoy.

To your last point, is there a QB in this upcoming draft that you feel is better than Tannehill?

no first 2 day pick used on a qb in 2016

all my vcash to whoever wants it and a self imposed 3 month ban from the board if it happens

done and done

If by balls , you mean are stupid enough . Yes , I beleive Einstein was a Dolphins fan hence his quote . ( stupidity )

If they do so , it'll be a mistake . This team has way to many holes . We need a good middle linebacker and a good corner before all else .

If it was up to me , I'd take a corner and linebacker in be first two rounds and sign a guard in free agency .

That being said , what we do with guys like Vernon , Wake , Miller, Cameron ... Will determine our draft

You sound a bit like everyone post Marino....when we went corner versus drafting Brees....or taking Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers.

Jay Fiedler's good enough etc etc etc.........

Look at the QB's still playing right now.

If your confident in Tannehill...then wait till later...if your not you better draft a QB you have a conviction on.

no first 2 day pick used on a qb in 2016

all my vcash to whoever wants it and a self imposed 3 month ban from the board if it happens

done and done

I'm betting your right, but again.....it all boils down to how Gase views it in my opinion.

If he evaluates Tannehill and doesn't believe in him...I wouldn't rule it out.

I'm betting your right, but again.....it all boils down to how Gase views it in my opinion.

If he evaluates Tannehill and doesn't believe in him...I wouldn't rule it out.

I am ruling it out that's why im willing to take a 3 month vaca if it does happen...I rate the chances at 0.0

Why would they do that at this juncture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A QB late in his career is no different? Please.... It's completely different. Also, you are comparing teams that weren't as hole riddled as the Dolphins. Finally, in the Pats case, that was during a stretch of years where them seemed to have extra picks early in the draft every year.

The Cowboys got Romo as an undrafted FA. I suggest taking that route.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A QB late in his career is no different than a QB in his last year trying to prove he's the guy you go forward with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom