Would the Heat w/ LeBron overtake the Dolphins as Miami's most popular sports team? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would the Heat w/ LeBron overtake the Dolphins as Miami's most popular sports team?

If LBJ signs with the Heat, maybe well get an ESPN Miami website like all the other major sports markets.

I dont know fellas I think if the heat could get some 2 nd teir players and win two championships then and only then will the media giv a rip about south florida and they dont even see the dolphins as a 8-8 team so the heat is south florida's only chance for a title.

heat could win it all if things go right but Miami has no shot at the plaoffs let alone a superbowl until we get a smarter offensive coordinator and a new special teams coach.

The Heat will be more popular from May through July.....the regular season doesn't mean much in the NBA though, so it won't be more popular the rest of the year. Football is still way bigger then basketball.

The Heat won the NBA Championship in 2006 and yet nobody really thinks Miami is a basketball town. IMO, the Dolphins still reign.

It would be one of the very oddest professional teams in the history of any professional (American) sport. If they win or fail, they're a big story.

If LeBron does sign with the Heat........................I just dont want to hear that Brandon Marshall is out partying with the Posse.

Honestly, I would rather go to a NFL preseason game then a NBA playoff game. Heck, I would rather spend a day at Dolphins training camp then a NBA playoff game.

football is the dominant sport in this country - and the dolphins have ruled miami forever. it will take the heat a serious amount of championships to overtake the fins.

As much as I love the NBA, the answer is no. The NBA doesn't have nearly as big a market as the NFL does.

miami cant ever be a sports crazy town while half the fans dont understand the other half.

Thats where I stand as well, Im all about the Dolphins and could careless about the NBA. It's nothing more than a distraction to me.

ha my teams are as follows the dolphins the sabres the gators the heat and the marlins and im from buffalo ny
i love my florida sports teams .only local team i watch for is the nhl team.sorry panthers lightning

Back
Top Bottom