Would the Heat w/ LeBron overtake the Dolphins as Miami's most popular sports team? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would the Heat w/ LeBron overtake the Dolphins as Miami's most popular sports team?

The Heat may not be the most popular sports franchise in Miami. But LeBron would certainly increase the exposure in the national spotlight for the team and the city. LeBron would be just another star in a city filled with celebrities . That being said. C'mon to Miami LeBron

The Heat are going to need a bigger stadium now...

See, now this thread is killing me.

Yeah, we (out of town Phins fans) get it - y'all are excited. OK, but really? Basketball bigger than Football?

Enjoy tonight!

Give it a week ...

:chuckle: I actually feel bad for the city of Cleveland right now. :chuckle:

I mean - **** - How depressing would it be to live there now?

I love the Fin, Canes, Marlins and Heat ( in that order ) but man nothing has got me more giddy than this $**T...The heat will be the biggest draw but ask anyone I know and 1 Fins Championship could trump an entire Heat Dynasty ...on a side note the to shove this in New Yorks face is the best feeling of allllll

I have to disagree. The Heat are getting ready to take over this town.

Well guys i live here in miami so i can pretty much say what i see here and i can assure you that; although throughout history miami's biggest sports team has been the Miami Dolphins. Ever since the heat won that championship with wade the dolphins arent as much talked about down here. Im cuban and We have a major latin population that could care less about football, ive been trying to get my parents into it but it still doesnt work. Yet, they love watching the heat play just like a whole bunch of other people i know do, and go to their games and later party at bongos which is next to the airlines arena, rather than driving 45 minutes to sunlife stadium. Unfortunately until the dolphins start winning playoffs games and superbowls, The heat have been miamis number 1 sports team for quite a time now. Besides my football teammates, No one really made a big hype about the brandon marshall signing. In the other hand, My facebook went Nuts just now when lebron said he'd be playing down here. Hopefully this Dolphins team Can show everyone else were just as capable of winning it all :p

Until the Dolphins make some serious noise, Miami is a basketball town.

Maybe we won't have to wait long for that to change.

Back
Top Bottom