Would Waddle have won the Heisman is Smith was injuried instead of him. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Waddle have won the Heisman is Smith was injuried instead of him.

So is he pure slot or boundary? Or both? If he is as good as advertised I don't want him doing kick returns but you know Flo is going to make him earn it, just hope it doesn't lead to injury like Preston Williams did.

So is he pure slot or boundary? Or both? If he is as good as advertised I don't want him doing kick returns but you know Flo is going to make him earn it, just hope it doesn't lead to injury like Preston Williams did.
I think he can play both. Under Mia I would say 75% slot 25% outside. I really wish we could have seen Waddle at the combine. I think Waddle is a rare type athlete. Going into the draft I had Waddle/Smith as 1a/1b and Chase 3rd for Mia at WR. I had Waddle as the highest ceiling and Smith with the highest floor.

The reason to me why you see so many people compare Waddle to Hill is because they possess 2 physical traits that you just don't see very often in a player. They both have elite top end speed and elite quickness in a box. Hill had a 4.29 40, a 4.06 20 yard shuttle and a 6.53 3 cone. That is an absolute rare combination.now Now it sucks we don't have Waddles numbers but we can speculate some. Waddle ran against Ruggs and was neck and neck at the 40. So they both have 4.3 speed, but Waddle blew Ruggs out at the beginning while Ruggs made up the ground after the halfway mark. Also when watching film Waddle is just much more shifty/quick in short area burst then Ruggs. Ruggs didn't do the 20 or 3 cone so I don't know his numbers. But to me as I have mentioned Ruggs runs a lot like Fuller. Fuller was a 4.32 40, 4.27 20 yard shuttle, 6.93 3 cone. Another guy I will bring up because I think Mia will use slot concepts like NE has over the years in Edelman (BB loves to use the 3 cone drill when drafting WR especially for the slot) he ran 4.52 40, 3.92 20 shuttle, 6.62 3 cone. With Hill his 3 cone is just unreal anything under 6.8 is considered exellent, 6.5 is ridiculous and shows a combination of elite top end speed and quickness. Now nothing is guaranteed in the NFL but to me Waddle falls in that very rare athletic status.

They would have had stellar seasons but split the wealth of Catches and TDs so neither would have gotten the Heisman

They would have had stellar seasons but split the wealth of Catches and TDs so neither would have gotten the Heisman
He asked if 'Waddle would have won the Heisman if Smith was injured instead of Waddle."..there would be no Smith to "split the wealth of catches and TD's" with. Correct? Am I missing something?

Back
Top Bottom