Would We Have Made Playoffs With L Jackson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would We Have Made Playoffs With L Jackson

artdnj

Time is Now
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Just read an article referencing Balt making playoffs with him and it referenced Ross suggesting a trade back to grab him in the draft.

This got me thinking , same team, same coach, if LJ played those last 3 would we have gotten wc?

Just read an article referencing Balt making playoffs with him and it referenced Ross suggesting a trade back to grab him in the draft.

This got me thinking , same team, same coach, if LJ played those last 3 would we have gotten wc?
No, Gase wouldn't have known how to use him. I stress caution with Jackson too. Defenses are going to figure him out in year 2 and force him to throw from the pocket. San Deigo gave a good game plan for him going forward.

Probably not. We are more than just a QB away. Plus our defense would have been even worse (if that is possible) without Fitz.

I was thinking Gase wouldnt have used him anyway and i think LJ will fade out too but part of me thinks we might have won 1 or 2 of the last 3 with him, surprise factor, yet i believe Gase would have left the same plays in negating any LJ playmaking ability.

No, Gase wouldn't have known how to use him. I stress caution with Jackson too. Defenses are going to figure him out in year 2 and force him to throw from the pocket. San Deigo gave a good game plan for him going forward.

IMO this is the most overused and tiring argument against Jackson. He isn't the first mobile QB and won't be the last.

The formula to stop scrambling quarterbacks has existed for decades. But if you have a good enough runner at QB it's almost impossible. It's not going to be some voila moment for teams to say "FINALLY, NOW WE KNOW HOW TO STOP A SCRAMBLING QB!"

Jackson is very good at it, and you bet your ass teams this year game planned against that and STILL got beat by it. Unless he sustains a major injury, he'll be a force in the league for a long time.

Nope. Our defense sucked and Lamar Jackson wasn’t dropping 30 points a game. We also didn’t have the running game Baltimore did. Also, did anyone see his performance in the playoffs? At some point a QB has to throw the ball well and he is most definitely not there yet.

Nope. Our defense sucked and Lamar Jackson wasn’t dropping 30 points a game. We also didn’t have the running game Baltimore did. Also, did anyone see his performance in the playoffs? At some point a QB has to throw the ball well and he is most definitely not there yet.

I agree with everything you said except the part of us not having their running game. If you take away Jackson's rushing yards the Ravens have 1746 yds rushing for the season while we had 1738 yds.

IMO this is the most overused and tiring argument against Jackson. He isn't the first mobile QB and won't be the last.

The formula to stop scrambling quarterbacks has existed for decades. But if you have a good enough runner at QB it's almost impossible. It's not going to be some voila moment for teams to say "FINALLY, NOW WE KNOW HOW TO STOP A SCRAMBLING QB!"

Jackson is very good at it, and you bet your *** teams this year game planned against that and STILL got beat by it. Unless he sustains a major injury, he'll be a force in the league for a long time.
It's not the running, it's the fact he can't consistently throw from the pocket and the fact that he fumbles way to much when he does run. It is not sustainable to be that inconsistent from the pocket and fumble that much and still be succesful.

It's not the running, it's the fact he can't consistently throw from the pocket and the fact that he fumbles way to much when he does run. It is not sustainable to be that inconsistent from the pocket and fumble that much and still be succesful.
successful. Playing dime and 7 dbs against him will cause him problems.

Back
Top Bottom