Would you be against drafting Center Mike Pouncey in 1st Round? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you be against drafting Center Mike Pouncey in 1st Round?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I know everyone wants an impact player and are tired of "cornfed linemen", but center is a vitally important cog on a team. Pouncey could solidify that position much like his brother did in Pittsburgh. A good line can make all your other pieces on offense more potent.

I'd rather take Pouncey at 15 than Mark Ingram, personally.

Am I against it? Yes, I think we need QB in the 1st round. But it wouldnt shock me if they did draft Pouncey, i actually expect them to if they dont trade away the pick.

I saw that on ESPN's mock...I believe it was McShay's pick.

Honestly, this is the way I think about it...next year is going to be a rebuilding year, and with looming uncertainty with the HC, Pouncey is the much safer pick. You rebuild at the trenches...and it will pay off for years to come. Not sexier, but safer...I'd do it.

If Mike is as good as his brother I would love the pick, but I don't think he is as good. I didn't watch a lot of him in college so I am by no means an expert, but I would rather not draft him that high.

Am I against it? Yes, I think we need QB in the 1st round. But it wouldnt shock me if they did draft Pouncey, i actually expect them to if they dont trade away the pick.

I want a QB too, but unless we can get Gabbert, or maybe Cam Newton, Id rather just go another route. I dont think Mallet or Locker will do much in the NFL

I know everyone wants an impact player and are tired of "cornfed linemen", but center is a vitally important cog on a team. Pouncey could solidify that position much like his brother did in Pittsburgh. A good line can make all your other pieces on offense more potent.

I'd rather take Pouncey at 15 than Mark Ingram, personally.

Too high for a center, unless he's the next Langer or Stephenson. I think if Gabbert is there at 15, they give him a hard look. But remember, even though the Bi-Fecta (JI & TS) are back, this is certainly a one year performance evaluation. This regime doesn't have the life expectancy to groom a QB. Its possible that by the time the QB is ready, there's a new regime here. My gues is they trade down, reacquire the 2nd rounder they gave up in the Marshall trade, & if a QB is there, take him. Could also be looking at an impact WR.

I want a QB too, but unless we can get Gabbert, or maybe Cam Newton, Id rather just go another route. I dont think Mallet or Locker will do much in the NFL

Sorry, but just say no to Cam Newton... agree w/the rest of what u said though.

I saw that on ESPN's mock...I believe it was McShay's pick.

Honestly, this is the way I think about it...next year is going to be a rebuilding year, and with looming uncertainty with the HC, Pouncey is the much safer pick. You rebuild at the trenches...and it will pay off for years to come. Not sexier, but safer...I'd do it.

Wait.......Didn't the FO do something like this when they had the #1 pick. 3 seasons later....... How did that work out?

Wait.......Didn't the FO do something like this when they had the #1 pick. 3 seasons later....... How did that work out?

Jake Long is an elite, Pro Bowl LT, probably eventual HOF material. It's not that it was a "bad" pick, maybe the wrong pick... a difference.

Blaine Gabbert is going to be a top 5 pick and someone will take Cam Newton before us (I don't want Cam Newton anyway)

I'd rather take a running back at our spot (#15)

Jake Long is a very good player. We didn't pick a bust, we just should've picked Ryan.

And they tried to address the QB position with the Henne pick in the 2nd rd, in the same draft...he just turned out to suck.

There are lots of good gaurds available in FA, I would prefer tactic since we don't have a 2nd rounder.

RB can be found later and they have a short shelf life -> Ronnie Brown.

I would go QB or TE or possibly even defense if someone drops.

Back
Top Bottom